Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seeds in Backpack Item Count

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Hi Fellow Gardeners!

I was cleaning out my backpacks the other day and noticed that they were full due to gardening seeds. I went to move some of them to the shared bank, and it was full, too! So are my attics and other banks.

Here's the problem: All of those tiny seeds count as items in the backpack, bank, attic, and shared bank. Many of those seeds cannot be sold, and none of them can be traded. That leaves a wizard to trash them. Yikes! Trash crowns items ?!?!?!?!? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I'd like to see KI count gardening seeds the same way as treasure cards and reagents. That system works nicely, and keeps packs and such from getting clogged.

Please, KI, pretty please?

Warmest Gardening Regards,

qbb/Iridian/Moira/Alexandria

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
435
Historian
Jan 05, 2011
660
Dear queenly, you're an experienced enough wizard to hear this now: you can sell those crowns only seeds at any housing vendor. I hope you're not too heartbroken to find out you're carrying around a gold mine with you, as almost all of them sell for over a hundred gold each there. sigh. sorry this news had to come from a stranger. -etherchaos

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
etherchaos wrote:
Dear queenly, you're an experienced enough wizard to hear this now: you can sell those crowns only seeds at any housing vendor. I hope you're not too heartbroken to find out you're carrying around a gold mine with you, as almost all of them sell for over a hundred gold each there. sigh. sorry this news had to come from a stranger. -etherchaos


@etherchaos,

Fortunately, you aren't a stranger to me in these forums :)

And I'm a big ole goober for not thinking of selling seeds at the housing vendors A gold mine, indeed. I may have to take on some serious crafting projects to spend all of that cash.

Many thanks,

qbb/Iridian/Moira/Alexandria

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
660
queenlybluebean wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
Dear queenly, you're an experienced enough wizard to hear this now: you can sell those crowns only seeds at any housing vendor. I hope you're not too heartbroken to find out you're carrying around a gold mine with you, as almost all of them sell for over a hundred gold each there. sigh. sorry this news had to come from a stranger. -etherchaos
@etherchaos, Fortunately, you aren't a stranger to me in these forums :) And I'm a big ole goober for not thinking of selling seeds at the housing vendors
@qbb- thanks, but i'm stranger than most people give me credit for. No comment on the term 'big ol goober'. -etherchaos

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
4
Sure, we can sell seeds. But any significant amount of gardening still puts a strain on the backpack/bank slots. I would very much like to have a seed bag that works like the reagent bag and the snack bag. The way it is now, one seed takes more room than a truckload of watermelons.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Briznit wrote:
Sure, we can sell seeds. But any significant amount of gardening still puts a strain on the backpack/bank slots. I would very much like to have a seed bag that works like the reagent bag and the snack bag. The way it is now, one seed takes more room than a truckload of watermelons.


This is an excellent suggestion. Perhaps post it on the Dorms and KI will consider it. Megan

Queenly- you crack me up!

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
Briznit wrote:
Sure, we can sell seeds. But any significant amount of gardening still puts a strain on the backpack/bank slots. I would very much like to have a seed bag that works like the reagent bag and the snack bag. The way it is now, one seed takes more room than a truckload of watermelons.


It's a good idea, but I can only see one benefit from it. The ability to select a seed among many types. The housing limit will only let you plant 250 total seeds. Additionally, the daily energy limit will only let you take care of about 30 plants (you would have to use crowns to start exceeding this). So having 999 seeds of the same type of plant really doesn't do any good, but being able to select from all the seed types you own does.

The only reason I could fathom of why the system counts seeds differently from reagents and snacks, is that seeds eventually become plants which are housing items (reagents and snacks don't), but they just don't show up like normal housing items. You can't keep 999 of any one type of housing item(s) either.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
4
kingurz wrote:
It's a good idea, but I can only see one benefit from it. The ability to select a seed among many types. The housing limit will only let you plant 250 total seeds. Additionally, the daily energy limit will only let you take care of about 30 plants (you would have to use crowns to start exceeding this). So having 999 seeds of the same type of plant really doesn't do any good, but being able to select from all the seed types you own does.

Yes, or the ability to select a patchful of seeds of the same type from among many types. Agreed, 999 of the same type would be overkill. Maybe 50 or so of the same type would be good.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
235
I'd agree with this idea and have suggested it as well before. Hopefully if enough of us reply, KI will take this into consideration. Although I think I suggested in the neighborhood of 100 seeds per type. Small garden patches can hold a bit more than 50 in one patch.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
I do hope someone at KI takes notice of this thread and at least considers making a change to how seeds are counted in the backpack/bank/attic. I don't think it unreasonable to allow up to 50 seeds of each type.

I would also like to see gardening extended a bit to simulate authentic gardening practices such as sharing seeds. Real farmers and gardeners do this all of the time; it's an ancient tradition to help one another along in the way of seeds and seedlings. We wizards trade treasures, so I think we should be able to trade seeds (and reagents for that matter) among ourselves.

Gardening Regards,

qbb/Iridian/Moira/Alexandria/Rowan (all gardeners)

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
4
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
This is an excellent suggestion. Perhaps post it on the Dorms and KI will consider it. Megan

Good idea. Done.