Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rhino beetle pests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2014
Could someone please explain why I have a pest on 3 Queen Crape Myrtle plants that I have no way of removing because my gardening level is not yet high enough but somehow I am high enough to plant the dang thing????????

This makes me very angry because I have spent the last week caring for them, even to the point of buying extra energy to care for it, only to have to remove it and lose the seeds all together!!

In my opinion the level of pests should not require a higher gardening level then the level allowed to plant a plant. This is just plain wrong and seemingly another shady and sneaky way for KI to make money.

For those who want to know how I arrive at this point keep reading: the plant is a crown plant and drops decent things so to keep the plant alive the wizard buys a gardening pack in HOPES of gaining a tc high enough to remove them, which btw also cost crowns.
And for everyone who will comment that we should check online what a plant MAY OR MAY NOT need before we plant it I say: REALLY? That is great advice for teens and adults who may be able to do so but not everyone who plays this game is able to do so, nor should they have to dig around to find all the hidden ways game producers nickel and dime their loyal & long time PAYING customers to death!

Thanks for nothing once again KI.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
GraceSpiritBlood69 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
Could someone please explain why I have a pest on 3 Queen Crape Myrtle plants that I have no way of removing because my gardening level is not yet high enough but somehow I am high enough to plant the dang thing????????

This makes me very angry because I have spent the last week caring for them, even to the point of buying extra energy to care for it, only to have to remove it and lose the seeds all together!!

In my opinion the level of pests should not require a higher gardening level then the level allowed to plant a plant. This is just plain wrong and seemingly another shady and sneaky way for KI to make money.

For those who want to know how I arrive at this point keep reading: the plant is a crown plant and drops decent things so to keep the plant alive the wizard buys a gardening pack in HOPES of gaining a tc high enough to remove them, which btw also cost crowns.
And for everyone who will comment that we should check online what a plant MAY OR MAY NOT need before we plant it I say: REALLY? That is great advice for teens and adults who may be able to do so but not everyone who plays this game is able to do so, nor should they have to dig around to find all the hidden ways game producers nickel and dime their loyal & long time PAYING customers to death!

You don't have to remove pests to get the pet to elder. If that's what you're going for.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
When that happened to me I just put a Pixie on it. Only thing I knew to do.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Until you reach Khrysalis and level 15 gardener the only way to remove pests over level 5 is to Summon Pixie on that plant.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2014
GraceSpiritBlood69 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:

That's mean.