Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reduce Gardening Mana/Energy costs 70%!!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 11, 2010
This forum indicates a lot of people are running out of Pet Energy/Gardening Mana far too often. This solution/technique TRIPLED the number of plants I can care for without purchasing Energy refills ...

STOP casting gardening spells for Medium and Large plants!

The Small plant spells for water, sun, pollination, magic, and music only cost 3 "mana" to cast ... AND ... they work on ALL plant sizes!

If a Large or Medium plant needs non-pest related care ... USE THE SMALL PLANT SPELL! This one change not only clears the "needs" icon, but you save 10-20 "mana" per plant "need" you cast against!

The ONLY time a Medium or Large growth spell should be cast is when the number of plants INSIDE the treatment circle, multiplied by 3, is GREATER than the energy cost of the Medium to Large spell being used.

It also helps to know that the treatment circle does NOT have to be centered on a specific plant, but can be MOVED so that the maximum number of plants can be treated with a single casting.

These ideas may seem obvious to many long-time gamers, but I have four relatives who did NOT realize small plant spells could be used for medium and large plant care and were spending 250-1000 crowns a day refilling energy bulbs.

Yes, all but one of them were adopted, and the exception suffers from MMB Syndrome ... (Milk-Man Baby).

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
alex321694 wrote:
This forum indicates a lot of people are running out of Pet Energy/Gardening Mana far too often. This solution/technique TRIPLED the number of plants I can care for without purchasing Energy refills ...

STOP casting gardening spells for Medium and Large plants!

The Small plant spells for water, sun, pollination, magic, and music only cost 3 "mana" to cast ... AND ... they work on ALL plant sizes!

If a Large or Medium plant needs non-pest related care ... USE THE SMALL PLANT SPELL! This one change not only clears the "needs" icon, but you save 10-20 "mana" per plant "need" you cast against!

The ONLY time a Medium or Large growth spell should be cast is when the number of plants INSIDE the treatment circle, multiplied by 3, is GREATER than the energy cost of the Medium to Large spell being used.

It also helps to know that the treatment circle does NOT have to be centered on a specific plant, but can be MOVED so that the maximum number of plants can be treated with a single casting.

These ideas may seem obvious to many long-time gamers, but I have four relatives who did NOT realize small plant spells could be used for medium and large plant care and were spending 250-1000 crowns a day refilling energy bulbs.

Yes, all but one of them were adopted, and the exception suffers from MMB Syndrome ... (Milk-Man Baby).

I do all that. I even make sure i only use the large area spells when i have 5 plants with that same need. 5 x 3 = 15. I do the same with the medium spells.

Most of the problem people have is the fact you can either garden or train pets. Seldom both. The only way I can see to do both on same wizard is too have only a few plants.

I made the mistake of planting too many high ranking plants. The needs was way too much and i was constantly running out of energy especially when dealing with rank 5 pests. But like I said, that was MY mistake. My next garden will only have 2 high ranking plants, a few more medium rank, with the majority being low ranking.

I have multiple wizards and designated certain ones to be pet trainers and other to be gardeners. That was the only way I could see to have a garden and still train a pet.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life (grandmaster gardener)

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks for adding the multiple wizard idea for pet training, Hannah. I have an Ancient Soon to be Epic Myth Sprite that I train with whatever energy is left AFTER my 80 item Marleybone Garden is taken care of. The loot from gardening is just too good to pass up, but it HAS slowed the training of this pet.

I am going to have to cut the plants back to 60 items or adopt your technique. Right now, I NEED the black pearls, blood moss, and Treasure card income a lot more than the pet training.

Have you found a way to share pets among wizards that does NOT empty the energy bulb when you pull them into your backpack for use by a non-training wizard? Do you have any idea WHY KI would empty the bulb when sharing a pet through the bank? It only affects training and racing doesn't it? Does the energy bulb have any effect upon the pet in combat? I have not noticed ANY use of energy outside of gardening and pet activities, but that does NOT mean it does not exist.

Thanks again.