Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Putting plants in pots?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2013
Hi...I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I bought two large dragon vases for my house. I can't seem to figure out how to put my palm shrubs (already grown) in them. Is that possible? I saw them with plants in them when I was on a castle tour, which is what made me want them....I wouldn't mind growing something to put in them, but I don't see the right plant seeds that I want...like ferns, palms, or preferably something without a face....I tried placing the palm shrubs over the top of the pots, but it wouldn't accept them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
If you're talking about that Dragon Vase housing item, then you've got mistaken. That's a housing item with something that appears to be a plant (not a plant that you physically plant into a plot). There IS such a housing item in which there's a plant inside it BUT that plant IS NOT a real plant that you actually take care of. That kind of vase is just for decoration and plus, you can't put a plant inside a vase, you can only put it on a plot. If you used the Item Identifier, then you would of realized that it's just a housing item, not a plant. And plus, if there WAS a plant in it (which is impossible), then when you hovered your mouse cursor over the plant, it would of showed the name of the plant and when you hover the mouse cursor over the pot, it would of showed the name of the pot. Trust me, that was only a housing item, not something that you can plant a plant seed in. Next time you see it, use the Item Identifier and see the name of the housing item and once you got the name, go to Wizard101 Central Wiki and search it up using the search bar that's there.

Hunter WaterSmith Level 95 , Rank 15 gardener

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I believe, it could be possible to use rugs to hover a planter inside a housing item decorative pot. The planter would be attached to the rug and not actually touching the inside of the pot. Then you would remove the rug after it has been placed, hopefully leaving the planter behind.

I suppose you could also place a planter and somehow get a decorative pot on a rug that hovers just below the floor level, assuming you have a multi level house, the bottom of the pot would be just below the floor, and would surround the planter.

I am just speculating, I have experimented with using rugs and crates to hover items where they cannot usually be placed. Nothing so extensive as what I have just described. I think it is called stacking.

Experiment with long blue runners, tatami floor mats, and crates, and see what effects you can achieve.
It should be perfectly possible to arrange a dragon vase so that it overlaps a planter. Getting the angle right may drive you crazy though.

How it works: place the tiny floor mat on the ground,
now place another rug on top of half of the floor mat make sure you can see some of the mat sticking out.
now place a pot on the rug.
If you pick up the floor mat, the whole stack should lift with it.
The game only cares about what the floor mat can be placed on. The rest of the stack can overlap non place-able areas.
Once you place the mat on the floor again try to remove the mat. The rug and the mat should go back to your inventory, and hopefully the pot will remain behind, unless I forgot a step. Hmm it may be mat, rug, mat vase, I can't remember.
good luck.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Zebulous Newt on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I believe, it could be possible to use rugs to hover a planter inside a housing item decorative pot. The planter would be attached to the rug and not actually touching the inside of the pot. Then you would remove the rug after it has been placed, hopefully leaving the planter behind.

I suppose you could also place a planter and somehow get a decorative pot on a rug that hovers just below the floor level, assuming you have a multi level house, the bottom of the pot would be just below the floor, and would surround the planter.

I am just speculating, I have experimented with using rugs and crates to hover items where they cannot usually be placed. Nothing so extensive as what I have just described. I think it is called stacking.

Experiment with long blue runners, tatami floor mats, and crates, and see what effects you can achieve.
It should be perfectly possible to arrange a dragon vase so that it overlaps a planter. Getting the angle right may drive you crazy though.

How it works: place the tiny floor mat on the ground,
now place another rug on top of half of the floor mat make sure you can see some of the mat sticking out.
now place a pot on the rug.
If you pick up the floor mat, the whole stack should lift with it.
The game only cares about what the floor mat can be placed on. The rest of the stack can overlap non place-able areas.
Once you place the mat on the floor again try to remove the mat. The rug and the mat should go back to your inventory, and hopefully the pot will remain behind, unless I forgot a step. Hmm it may be mat, rug, mat vase, I can't remember.
good luck.
Exactly right. Good overview.

You might also use Flat Wooden Platforms, which can help fine-tune the height of the object desired. Stack them to the desired height, combining with crates and desks if desired, then place rugs underneath your hover object to pull it out of the way. The platforms are very large and clunky, so it helps to "extract" them when you're ready. (Flat Wooden Platform is available in Crowns Shop using Gold.)