Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not visiting your house?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
I have heard and believed that if you satisfied your plants needs and didn't visit them again, they would not accumulate more needs but I recently tested this out and it did not work. One day I satisfied the needs, moved my crafting tables to my dorm room and unequipped my house. The next day I didn't visit my house so I left them alone for only one day. Today, I came back, checked on them and They had aquired more needs and one had wilted. So is there any truth to this myth or am I just doing something wrong?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
glowstorm13 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
I have heard and believed that if you satisfied your plants needs and didn't visit them again, they would not accumulate more needs but I recently tested this out and it did not work. One day I satisfied the needs, moved my crafting tables to my dorm room and unequipped my house. The next day I didn't visit my house so I left them alone for only one day. Today, I came back, checked on them and They had aquired more needs and one had wilted. So is there any truth to this myth or am I just doing something wrong?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary
No you proved the point of it. They developed needs WHEN you visited, not while gone. If they had all those needs while you were gone, they would all have died. Needs appear when you visit your home, they do not appear while you are away. This is not a myth it's a fact.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
glowstorm13 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
I have heard and believed that if you satisfied your plants needs and didn't visit them again, they would not accumulate more needs but I recently tested this out and it did not work. One day I satisfied the needs, moved my crafting tables to my dorm room and unequipped my house. The next day I didn't visit my house so I left them alone for only one day. Today, I came back, checked on them and They had aquired more needs and one had wilted. So is there any truth to this myth or am I just doing something wrong?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary
Like any REAL plant, these needed to be tended daily.
Stop messing around with what you 'heard' and just go there once a day for like 10 seconds. Hardly a big deal.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
169
This is how I perceive the way plants grow and accumulate needs.

1). Plants will advance to the NEXT stage of growth while you are NOT in attendance and stop there. Thus a seedling will advance to young, young will advance to mature, mature will advance to elder, but you must revisit them for the advancement to continue to the next stage.

2). Unattended plants will continue to accumulate needs and advance towards the next growth stage, AND will not revert backwards IF the last time you visited them you indeed tended to ALL their needs.

3). If you visit your plants and they have needs, but you DO NOT tend to them, your plants will revert backwards to the previous growth stage in a certain amount of time.

My daughter had mature plants that she tended to all their needs, but then did not visit her house for a week, and her plants had a full set of needs but did not perish.

Tending to ALL their needs before leaving them is the key to keeping them alive.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
RavenLady777 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Like any REAL plant, these needed to be tended daily.
Stop messing around with what you 'heard' and just go there once a day for like 10 seconds. Hardly a big deal.
That's not true. They need to be tended when needs arise. Needs only arise when you visit you house. If you visit your house and take care of all the needs, then go away for a month, your plants will be just fine when you come back. They will only progress to the next level, but they will NOT die. They will just have needs when you get back, unless they were already mature. If they were mature then they will be elder when you return, whether it's a couple days later or a couple years.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
RavenLady777 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Like any REAL plant, these needed to be tended daily.
Stop messing around with what you 'heard' and just go there once a day for like 10 seconds. Hardly a big deal.
So if you go on vacation for say 10 days, they die?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
glowstorm13 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
So if you go on vacation for say 10 days, they die?
No they will not die if you tend all there needs before you leave. They will grow to the next stage and wait for you to come back before any needs are applied to them. When you return they all have needs of course (unless they were Mature), but they will not die. Mature plants left like this will turn to Elder for harvest when you return.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
186
seethe42 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
No they will not die if you tend all there needs before you leave. They will grow to the next stage and wait for you to come back before any needs are applied to them. When you return they all have needs of course (unless they were Mature), but they will not die. Mature plants left like this will turn to Elder for harvest when you return.
I'm testing your theory, Seethe. I have just planted a Pink Dandelion in my Dorm Room (on a flat braided runestone). Central says that Pink Dandelion seedlings take 130 hours to turn into Mature plants. I've set a reminder on my phone for that long. We'll see.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Haley MoonHeart on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm testing your theory, Seethe. I have just planted a Pink Dandelion in my Dorm Room (on a flat braided runestone). Central says that Pink Dandelion seedlings take 130 hours to turn into Mature plants. I've set a reminder on my phone for that long. We'll see.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture
You need to visit them for them to mature. Plants will only go to the next stage of growth after being visited. If you plant a seed and just leave it alone it will only go to young and stop growing until you visit and tend needs. If you leave the young plant alone, it will go to mature and stop growing until you visit and tend needs. Once you reach mature you can leave it alone completely because it will turn to elder on it's own.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
186
I re-visited my dorm room today, having not played since Tuesday. The Pink Dandelion had turned into a young plant with no needs. So, I suppose Seethe was right, though its a shame they don't level up.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture