Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Grow your Gardening!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Higher Gardening Rank!
New worlds unleash new plants (and new pests) on the Spiral!

Khrysalis has a new Gardening Trainer and there are new Gardening Ranks, new Plants and new Spells to be learned! Truly dedicated Gardeners who are currently Gardening level 15, can now obtain the rank of Verdant Gardener!

You'll first encounter Barley during the quest "Uneasy Alllies" when you can access the zone Last Wood, but you will return to him in Bastion to finally unlock what he has to offer.

Look for new Gardening spells like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Monsoon, Ant Lion and more.


More Gardening Updates
Plant information popups will only appear now if you linger your mouse cursor the plant. This will mean that moving your cursor while in your house won't be interrupted by popups from your garden.
When an elder plant in “Second Spring" is harvested, the harvest now has a confirmation.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
2
I've found Barley!

The quest "Uneasy Allies" will be available shortly after completeing the Eclipse Tower and returning to Bastion. This is some time after getting access to last wood, you've even entered tyrian gorge. You will probably be around level 95.

I am a bit disappointed that the update notes didn't have more accurate information on when and where we would meet Barely. The previous wording gave the impression that it was entering the area last wood that would unlock him. The wording now ("when you can access the zone Last Wood") is not much better in my opinion. Both sugest that we would meet Barley in game a lot earlier than we do and I think that I'm not alone in having searched for him when I really hadn't advanced enough in the story line. I hope that in the future you can be more correct or exact when giving such information.

Survivor
May 12, 2013
11
Professor Greyrose on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Higher Gardening Rank!
New worlds unleash new plants (and new pests) on the Spiral!

Khrysalis has a new Gardening Trainer and there are new Gardening Ranks, new Plants and new Spells to be learned! Truly dedicated Gardeners who are currently Gardening level 15, can now obtain the rank of Verdant Gardener!

You'll first encounter Barley during the quest "Uneasy Alllies" when you can access the zone Last Wood, but you will return to him in Bastion to finally unlock what he has to offer.

Look for new Gardening spells like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Monsoon, Ant Lion and more.


More Gardening Updates
Plant information popups will only appear now if you linger your mouse cursor the plant. This will mean that moving your cursor while in your house won't be interrupted by popups from your garden.
When an elder plant in “Second Spring" is harvested, the harvest now has a confirmation.
ah man I thought I was going to be all done with gardening rank 10 I needed one more rank then done oh well the higher the rank means more fun challenges and plants

Survivor
May 12, 2013
11
Professor Greyrose on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Higher Gardening Rank!
New worlds unleash new plants (and new pests) on the Spiral!

Khrysalis has a new Gardening Trainer and there are new Gardening Ranks, new Plants and new Spells to be learned! Truly dedicated Gardeners who are currently Gardening level 15, can now obtain the rank of Verdant Gardener!

You'll first encounter Barley during the quest "Uneasy Alllies" when you can access the zone Last Wood, but you will return to him in Bastion to finally unlock what he has to offer.

Look for new Gardening spells like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Monsoon, Ant Lion and more.


More Gardening Updates
Plant information popups will only appear now if you linger your mouse cursor the plant. This will mean that moving your cursor while in your house won't be interrupted by popups from your garden.
When an elder plant in “Second Spring" is harvested, the harvest now has a confirmation.
it is going to be hard but a bigger challenge

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
1
I finished new gardening quest yesterday and trained Monsoon and Wind Chimes. So I went home and cast Monsoon on my plants but after I cast Wind Chimes, Monsoon went away. I'm wondering is it only animation that is gone or the effect of the spell as well? I really hope that it's only one animation at the time thing and that effects of the spell are there. Can you please clarify this for me?
Thank you in advance :)

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
45
fearless alyssa on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
I finished new gardening quest yesterday and trained Monsoon and Wind Chimes. So I went home and cast Monsoon on my plants but after I cast Wind Chimes, Monsoon went away. I'm wondering is it only animation that is gone or the effect of the spell as well? I really hope that it's only one animation at the time thing and that effects of the spell are there. Can you please clarify this for me?
Thank you in advance :)
I am curious to this as well as well as a lot of other people. if these spells cancel each other out. not too many people will want them

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
40
Hi Miss GreyRose,

I did most of the testing in test realm on all new seeds that just came out and was very disappointed on the drops. I feel the rewards are very low for ranks 7 pests. I think might want to add better rewards to the plants at that LVL. May add in something for crafting also into these seeds that would give us a head start on the next crafting challenge.

Thanks again for your time.

Have great day ;)

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
62
I am level 14 gardener and have not seen Barely. Is it because of my rank? Also I planted a seed I got in Krys and it has rank 6 pests on it. I have no gardening spell to kill them. What do I do? Why was I able to plant a seed if I can't care for it?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
40
Charmed Magic on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
I am level 14 gardener and have not seen Barely. Is it because of my rank? Also I planted a seed I got in Krys and it has rank 6 pests on it. I have no gardening spell to kill them. What do I do? Why was I able to plant a seed if I can't care for it?
Hi there,

You can add pixie to the plant and it will kill any pest that's on it. Hope that help you out have great day.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
16
Professor Greyrose on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Higher Gardening Rank!
New worlds unleash new plants (and new pests) on the Spiral!

Khrysalis has a new Gardening Trainer and there are new Gardening Ranks, new Plants and new Spells to be learned! Truly dedicated Gardeners who are currently Gardening level 15, can now obtain the rank of Verdant Gardener!

You'll first encounter Barley during the quest "Uneasy Alllies" when you can access the zone Last Wood, but you will return to him in Bastion to finally unlock what he has to offer.

Look for new Gardening spells like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Monsoon, Ant Lion and more.


More Gardening Updates
Plant information popups will only appear now if you linger your mouse cursor the plant. This will mean that moving your cursor while in your house won't be interrupted by popups from your garden.
When an elder plant in “Second Spring" is harvested, the harvest now has a confirmation.
Help I can not find quedt from the mantis lady plz help me

Austin fireflame lvl90

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
221
fearless alyssa on Nov 20, 2013 wrote:
I finished new gardening quest yesterday and trained Monsoon and Wind Chimes. So I went home and cast Monsoon on my plants but after I cast Wind Chimes, Monsoon went away. I'm wondering is it only animation that is gone or the effect of the spell as well? I really hope that it's only one animation at the time thing and that effects of the spell are there. Can you please clarify this for me?
Thank you in advance :)
I tried it out for myself and found that the effects are canceled out. An email to K.I. confirmed that "We apologize for any inconvenience and we are currently investigating the cause of this issue" So, from what I gather, it seems they intended the spells to stack but they just aren't at this time. I have decided to choose the most useful over time spell and cast it alone until the wizards of K.I. fix the issue. (oh please soon)

Amber Raven Song