Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I wanna give some hope to you guys :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
So last night, because I got catalan, kingsisle graciously gave me the deer knight spell because of the deer knight spell not dropping. I would like to say it is 100% worth it! I might as well throw away my scarecrow because i've almost only used deer knight it since i've gotten it! :D If anyone says it's too hard...well it is i: but absolutely worth it! :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Aw, you are one lucky person! Lol. I am left with the trouble of crafting it XD

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Why would you give up the spell that can completely heal you while hitting all the opponents for damage over time spell? It only one more turn to wait.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
open33 wrote:
Why would you give up the spell that can completely heal you while hitting all the opponents for damage over time spell? It only one more turn to wait.

I agree. The bread and butter of death is that they have a high power pip chance, well except for any gear higher than WW gear.

Deer knight is a 5 pip spell. If you are like me, you almost always get power pips, thus Deer Knight is in effect a 6 pip spell (3 power pips). So the difference between that and crow, which I have used more times than I could ever count to refill my tank and end the battle, is minimal. I would still rather wait the extra round and toss up another blade.

I do think that it would have been nice to have that spell around Marleybone. But to me it seems that by the time you get the spell it really is not going to fit into your deck that well. The round you save you end up losing, plus another, on a pixie due to deer knight being a damage not a drain.

Congrats on getting that spell though! I can't wait to get it, if only just as a novelty. I have been collecting seeds that will hopefully yield some amber.

Chris Nightwraith
Transcended Necromancer
WCP

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
open33 wrote:
I would guess because it does more damage and you don't always need to heal. My fire makes it by easily in avalon battles with just meteor. o:

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea same happened to me. Deer knight is great to use.

Now... To figure out what to do with all that amber amber dust and Merle whiskers I collected....

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
I know it seems that deer knight isn't as good as scarecrow but I can show you some math. Yea that's right I said it math....

Ok so if we look at scarecrow and we look at deer knight they both have low damage so to increase that damage we throw on colossal to both of them.

Scarecrow should have like 583 or something a little less.

Deer knight will have 438 for first hit and another 408 over time so if you combined it you will get a grand total of 846 damage.

Now if you think about blades and such I as a death really only use a death blade and spirit blade. Using spirit blade will set me back a pip and using death blade costs zero pips. So if you use these both you would still have to wait an extra turn before using crow. So personally I think deer knight is better. Though crow is still great to use.

Also with pup chance my death is at 90% so there is a small chance of me getting a pip so it is still nice deer knight is at 5 and not 6 .

Lastly deer knight is even better to use in pvp. It has the ability to get around shields unlike crow.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
The reason i dont really use crow is that with deer knight, a blade which i can use the first round, and a critical when i use it ( i have a little more than 50% percent chance of critical ) will get about 2500 damage plus the around 500 damage per round DOT will kill an average wizard.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
nagato418609 wrote:
The reason i dont really use crow is that with deer knight, a blade which i can use the first round, and a critical when i use it ( i have a little more than 50% percent chance of critical ) will get about 2500 damage plus the around 500 damage per round DOT will kill an average wizard.

50%?!?! Avalon crafted gear I take it? XD

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
nagato418609 wrote:

I use that same strategy with crow. First round toss up a blade, second you can use vengeance or another blade (if that was what you meant). If you mean just naturally going critical, then deer knight will beat crow by a round.

As for spirit blades, I rarely use them. I have death blade, a balance blade from an amulet, and a 45% death blade from the crafted WT hat.
By round 3, I have either 7 or 8 pips and either 2 blades or blade/amplify or vengeance.

To me, if you are going to buff for two rounds, scarecrow wins every time. Unless you are doing PvP (which was said above) where the DoT helps you break shields, in Avalon I have not seen a death shield yet, and rarely see tower shields anymore.

I am going to craft the spell, I just think it comes up short as it seems many of death's spells do in PvE. Bad juju too many pips, infections are worthless, doom and gloom, etc.
This would have been a great spell to have in MB/MS/DS, but it just seems it is another niche spell that lost it's niche by the time you get it.
pods

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I use death blade first turn and item death blade at second turn (40% + 45%). My crow hits 2000 without critical and heals me completely. Speaking math crow with 40% and 45% blades will make more damage than deer knight with one blade. My critical is high but not 50%.
I would not counting on critical too much because even if you critical you still have chance that it would be blocked besides it also 50% that you not critical. Using DoT spell make you wait for damage, the more you wait the more it makes no sense not use crow and of course more health you lose without healing after.

Survivor
May 28, 2012
I have only seen the Deer Knight spell used once and in my opinion it's an effective spell. I thought it was impressive! Congrats on receiving it!