Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
How does your Garden Grow?
Since we've released Gardening to the Spiral, you've given us some feedback that let us see how players are Gardening, what's missing, what's confusing and what needs to be made more fun. Here are some updates to Gardening that will address some of these issues.

->There is a new tab in your Gardening window for pots and items.
->The base of plants will now glow when they are ready to be harvested.
->New Dorm rooms will start with two pots of soil.
->To avoid confusion, the wording "Time to harvest" has been changed to ->"Time until Harvest" to better reflect the time is indicating how long before you can harvest that plant.
->Gardening Treasure Cards can now be trashed by right-clicking them in your deck.
->Also to avoid confusion, the icon indicating your plant needs magic now has a white pip to represent magic, and no longer a yellow pip which was easily confused with the 'needs sun' icon.
->All plants now like pixies.
->Stinkweed will now grow faster!
->Once a plant is in a pot, you cannot pick them up!
->You can now harvest plants while you are in the Gardening window.
->Gnomes will no longer trip you up as you run around your Garden.
->Treasure Cards that affect all plants now clarify that they only affect plants in the current zone of your house (indoors/outdoors)
->Pots and plants now count towards your housing item count.
->There is no longer a 'gardening' item count. Each pot, plot and plant individually counts as an item in your house.
->Enchanted soil spells now cost the correct amount of energy shown on the spell.
->For those of you who navigate the Spiral using your mouse to move, you will no longer cast a gardening spell when you release the mouse button used to walk.
->The Imperial Palace contained an area that you could plant on, but not reach to harvest. You can now click on plants in those areas to harvest them.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hi Professor Greyrose,

I have played around with gardening in the test realm, using my grandmaster gardener. I like most of the updates, but really DON'T like the new icons for "needs sun" and "needs music". The new "needs sun" icon even more similar to the "needs magic" icon that the old one. I would prefer that you go back to the original icon for sun, and change the magic one to something else, say a wand. One other problem I noticed is that the new icon for "needs music" is larger, but it is in low contrast to the background, so it is difficult to see.

Iridian Shadowweaver
Grandmaster Gardener & Legendary Theurgist

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
Ok, yea the new icons they well look toon town like. I like them alot more the other way and saw nothing wrong with them. They are not the best of choice if you want to chage the icons. Sorry.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
"There is no longer a 'gardening' item count. Each pot, plot and plant individually counts as an item in your house. "

I have to say, this is the one negative aspect of the update. I finally saved up for a large house and had grand plans for a nice large garden as well as item placement. Now I basically have to choose. And is 1 plant really counting as 2 items (i.e. 1 for the plot or pot and 1 for the plant itself)?

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
there is a problem with one of those uh i still can't harvest while i'm in my gardening window

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
@Bingr - Yes, a pot or soil with a plant in it counts as two items. They've always counted toward the total items you could have in a housing area, it just looked like there was a separate item count for Gardening but there wasn't.

@joey110498 - You can only click to harvest from the gardening window if you don't already have a spell selected. (Once you click a spell, it uses your mouse pointer for targeting the spell instead of harvesting.) Just click on a tab - Seeds are a good choice - and then you should be able to click plants to harvest them.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I have to say, I agree with the music icon. You can't see it if the background is dark. The rest of it is fine. I also like having the refill button where I can just click on it.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I hate to complain, but I really, really, really don't like the new gardening icons! They are no where near the graphics quality of the rest of the game; very cartoon like as another poster said. Please consider reverting them to the original at the next update.

More importantly, the music icon is terrible and in fact has caused one of my plants to approach death as I did not see the icon hidden in the top of the plant. At least this one icon needs to be changed so we can see it.

I love everything else about the game though! Keep up the good work!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Bingr wrote:
"There is no longer a 'gardening' item count. Each pot, plot and plant individually counts as an item in your house. "

I have to say, this is the one negative aspect of the update. I finally saved up for a large house and had grand plans for a nice large garden as well as item placement. Now I basically have to choose. And is 1 plant really counting as 2 items (i.e. 1 for the plot or pot and 1 for the plant itself)?

I agree no need to hang on to all those landscaping items anymore because you can't place them in your yard. and i would like to know just how fast are the energy globes supposed to fill up because mine was working just fine and now i can't tell how much energy i should be getting and how often (How much time does it take) are you supposed to get 1 energy because mine seems to change to different amonuts such as sometimes it is 7mins and 30 sec and some times it takes more so what is the rate of refill it use to fill up over night from 12:00 AM to 7:00 AM but now it doesn't anymore and I have a subscribtion on a family account. It just started when they updated the gardening and this happens on just one of my wizards which is a Legendary fire.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010

Dear Prof Greyrose,
To go further with how hard the Music Symbol is to see, I have now gone back to my gardens after thinking I had met all their needs to find certain plants that needed "Music" close to DEAD. These are in places that have dark backgrounds behind the plants. Seems we will have to place these plants that need Music as one of their regular needs with a background that is lighter and completely away from other plants that might be taller than they are. Also the icons that are lower are being covered up entirely by taller plants as some of the icons are directly over the plant instead of even with the other needs icons. So their needs are also being withheld because they are hidden from view. The Water need is also blending into background if the background is dark. Is there some way to put a highlighted circle around the needs to make them stand out? And to put all needs on even level would be a great help.
Sign me,
Used To Have A "Green" Thumb
Elizabeth Dreamweaver, Bringer, Finder,Breaker,Rider &Catcher