Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

excessive lag while gardening

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
I have been farming couch potatoes for a while with one 3 stack section. But for a while I have been having a problem with as soon I use an upkeep spell on the plants(downpour, flute ensemble, etc) I get serious lag for about a minute and a half. Like I mean 1 frame per second lag. It is only the first time I use a spell on the stacked plants for each time I log on. Anyone know how to fix this?

Nathan Storm Thief-125 79

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
H algar on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:
I have been farming couch potatoes for a while with one 3 stack section. But for a while I have been having a problem with as soon I use an upkeep spell on the plants(downpour, flute ensemble, etc) I get serious lag for about a minute and a half. Like I mean 1 frame per second lag. It is only the first time I use a spell on the stacked plants for each time I log on. Anyone know how to fix this?

Hiya,

Yeah lots of us have this issue. Every time we leave the garden the plants remain how we left them until we go back into the garden. When we go in they trigger (update) their relevant information - that's how friends can go into our garden and the plants will show as we left them, but when we go in they suddenly change to their new status.

Even with just a few non-stacked plants I have found this lag issue can still occur, with bigger gardens it always happens. It's like the plants update visually but need time to update the info related to the visual we are seeing immediately. When we cast a spell it behaves as if we're complicating the process because they're trying to update the info from the visual but also trying to deal with one of the visuals now being affected/removed all at once so it has a bit of a brain fart lol.

There are a few different things you can try to reduce or eliminate it, with pros and cons to each method. See which works best for you in relation to time, set-up and energy

1. Cast one single gardening spell (eg pollination on ONE plant), then subsequent spells should work as normal.
2. Cast your first spell, turn so the plants are not visible and RUN in a straight line away from them until your wizard freezes up. The freeze is brief and when you run back to the plants they're not being weirdos, subsequent spells should work normally.
3. When you've gone into the area, leave and come back in, all spells should work normally.

Pros/cons of each:

1. Uses 3 extra energy you probably didn't need to use...but it's simple and quick.
2. Running away might 'feel' faster and I may just be deluded haha...but it works if you make a mistake and cast a big spell first, it feels quick and still gets things 'normal' for next spells.
3. You might want to add teleports for fastest leave/return to avoid the 30s cool-down on porting...but once you get your rhythm this is so fast and reliable it is by far my favourite method!

I hope this helps!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
Thanks a ton, I have a ton of teleporters from packs, put one down next to where I cast and it fixed the issue.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
H algar on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:

Turn away from the plants right after you cast your gardening spell on them.

Then when the spell is finished, turn back so the plants are in your field of vision

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
been having this problem for quite a while; animation lags because it's too long and I think the systems can't handle it. I do wish they would chop the animation time down . . . the images of rain, chimes and bees seem to stay in the plots instead of disappearing, even when I leave and go back the next day.