Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When in the game best to start fishing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2019
At what level is best for your player to start fishing? Is any particular level better to start?

Thanks.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Seamore80 on Feb 11, 2019 wrote:
At what level is best for your player to start fishing? Is any particular level better to start?

Thanks.
We can start fishing at any time after level 7.

We get more energy as we level up, which is an advantage when fishing as it uses energy. However, at level 7 we could find we have little else to use our energy on and fishing is a good source of gold.

I don't think there is any particular point where fishing suddenly becomes much easier or a better time to start...starting any time is good.

If you have pet projects or gardening to use energy on, you might like to wait until the member benefit of zero energy fishing comes up. It's a particularly good time to do fishing quests. If you start fishing before then, you'll still have plenty to catch when the benefit comes along though!

If you're going to wait to do the quests during the member benefit make sure you have plenty of gold available for buying the new lures and spells you'll gain access to. All fishing areas can be ported to as long as you have someone high enough level to assist you.

If you want to jump in and get started here are a few of the fun things you can do with fishing:
Fishing quests
Fish of the Day
Fishing Tournaments
Catch every fish in the game
Fish for the Beckett wands (Elephant Graveyard)
Mount fishing in bundle houses!
Fishing for crafting (eg tapestries, aquariums etc)
Fishing for decorating - both special fish or special items from fishing chests
Fishing for pets!

I'm probably missing a few other things, they're just some of the things I enjoy doing with fishing

I hope this helps, happy fishing!