Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Difference between regular and large tanks?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
What is the difference between, let's say a large keeper aquarium and a regular keeper aquarium? Are there keeper fish that require different size keeper aquariums? Or does the large hold more fish or just bigger?

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
The terms describing the fish and tanks tend to be confusing at first. Your fish can come in different sizes, for the same kind of fish, small fry, keeper, and whopper. They need to be in the right tank for their size. So a small fry dekoi would need a small fry tank, keeper size in keeper tank, and whopper dekoi, a whopper tank.

Also, there are 3 descriptions for what I'll call fish body type, regular, tall, and large. A particular species of fish will only be one of those types. #1 Regular is your typical fish shape, goldfish or dekoi style; even the Garrfish are that type, even though long and skinny. That dekoi mentioned above would need to have it's tank match both it's size and it's body type (regular). #2 Tall is things that are vertical kinds of fish, like jellyfish and cuddlefish. #3 Large is the one that confuses people the most. It might be better thought of as fish that are wide. The flat wide fish, like sun rays and tongue fish go in the large tanks. Also extra big fish, like the hippo tang, go in the large tanks. So if you got a whopper tongue fish, it would need the large whopper tank. If you got a keeper Hippo tang, it needs a large keeper tank. A small fry sun ray needs a large small fry tank.

The tanks that hold 9 fish are the multi tanks. If you have a whopper tall multi tank, you could put 9 whopper jellyfish in it or whopper cuddle fish or a mix of the tall fish of whopper size, but not a single dekoi (regular body type), or large (wide) fish, nor tall fish that are only small fry or keeper size. I hope this helps.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
The difference is the amount of fish each can hold.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
The terms describing the fish and tanks tend to be confusing at first. Your fish can come in different sizes, for the same kind of fish, small fry, keeper, and whopper. They need to be in the right tank for their size. So a small fry dekoi would need a small fry tank, keeper size in keeper tank, and whopper dekoi, a whopper tank.

Also, there are 3 descriptions for what I'll call fish body type, regular, tall, and large. A particular species of fish will only be one of those types. #1 Regular is your typical fish shape, goldfish or dekoi style; even the Garrfish are that type, even though long and skinny. That dekoi mentioned above would need to have it's tank match both it's size and it's body type (regular). #2 Tall is things that are vertical kinds of fish, like jellyfish and cuddlefish. #3 Large is the one that confuses people the most. It might be better thought of as fish that are wide. The flat wide fish, like sun rays and tongue fish go in the large tanks. Also extra big fish, like the hippo tang, go in the large tanks. So if you got a whopper tongue fish, it would need the large whopper tank. If you got a keeper Hippo tang, it needs a large keeper tank. A small fry sun ray needs a large small fry tank.

The tanks that hold 9 fish are the multi tanks. If you have a whopper tall multi tank, you could put 9 whopper jellyfish in it or whopper cuddle fish or a mix of the tall fish of whopper size, but not a single dekoi (regular body type), or large (wide) fish, nor tall fish that are only small fry or keeper size. I hope this helps.
Thanks. It makes sense now. I guess it was the large tank that threw me off, but the small fry sun ray example helped me get the difference.