Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vigrid Roughland Fishing

AuthorMessage
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, but I have difficulties fishing in Vigrid Roughland. The area by the waterfall and the area with all of the geysers are the main problem.

The water is so bright that I can barely distinguish the schools, other than Death, when I cast the Reveal Fish School spell. I spend more energy casting that spell trying to figure out the schools than I do on actual fishing. Fire and Myth are very hard to tell apart unless you're up close. If Fire and Myth are blending in that much with the water, the very rare Ice school Polar Bear Acuda will be virtually impossible to distinguish in either of these areas.

The other problem is that I can't even see the fish in the really bright blue water. A lot of times I unknowingly walk over them and scare them off. It's not until they get into or close to the white water that I can see their shadows.

I've played on two different computers, tried adjusting display settings including brightness, and nothing seems to make it any better.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
You are right. The water while fishing there is too 'bright', and it is tough to see the fish or even what school lure to use. I moved on to a cave in GH where you can see the fish clearly. But, if you're trying to catch a specific fish in VR, then unless the water becomes darker, it will be tough.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I have had this challenge too -- it is a difficult area to see what you are doing. Sometimes changing position helps, or once you get a glimpse of the fish just going for it. It also helps to use the reveal school spell, lock on your target area, and just go for it fast.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
I am pretty sure you have to turn "Bloom Active" off in order to see fish more clearly in some areas.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Great advice! I just tried that and it's much better. Thanks!