Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Undead Spyre Eel & Purple Grunion

AuthorMessage
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Has anybody noticed if there is a specific pool to find either the Undead Spyre Eel or Purple Grunion in? So far out of 12 wizards I have only found one Purple Grunion.

I know which areas they're in, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time wandering from pool to pool looking for them if there's only one that they spawn in.

Where I caught my Purple Grunion was the long pool with no Sentinels.

I get that some of these fish are supposed to be difficult to find, and I'm ok with that. But if it's possible to alleviate some frustration by focusing my attention to a specific spot instead of running all over the place, that would sure help. If they've been found in every pool, well... I guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Actually look it up on duelist 101 if nobody can help they have a nice fishing guide

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Yeah, that's where I went to find out about all of the fish available. It tells you what area the fish are in, but I'm more curious about specifics. Like Sam Bass for another example, I know it's in The Grand Chasm, but I think there are 4 different pools you can fish in there.

Take The Entrance Hall in Krokotopia as an example of the question I'm asking. It had 2 pools across from one another. You could only get the Sturgeon General and Brain Sturgeon on the right side, and the Bearded Trout was only available on the left side.

Basically just wondering if the same applies to the 3 Epic fish in Dragonspyre in their respective areas, whether there's only one pool that they'll ever spawn in, or if they can be found in all of them.

Speaking of duelist101's fishing guide, I'm a bit surprised that they haven't added a guide for Celestia fish. They had the Dragonspyre one completed while it was still only in test realm. Celestia is already in live realm now and still nothing.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
High Five Ghost on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Yeah, that's where I went to find out about all of the fish available. It tells you what area the fish are in, but I'm more curious about specifics. Like Sam Bass for another example, I know it's in The Grand Chasm, but I think there are 4 different pools you can fish in there.

Take The Entrance Hall in Krokotopia as an example of the question I'm asking. It had 2 pools across from one another. You could only get the Sturgeon General and Brain Sturgeon on the right side, and the Bearded Trout was only available on the left side.

Basically just wondering if the same applies to the 3 Epic fish in Dragonspyre in their respective areas, whether there's only one pool that they'll ever spawn in, or if they can be found in all of them.

Speaking of duelist101's fishing guide, I'm a bit surprised that they haven't added a guide for Celestia fish. They had the Dragonspyre one completed while it was still only in test realm. Celestia is already in live realm now and still nothing.
well they could be busy with other things as well

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
I'm not really sure if this counts for everyone who has got a purple grunion but I got mine in the little side pool to I think it's mostly there and the eel I got that I in a big pound with sentinels I'm not sure if this helps but every time I got a eel fish the shadow seemed like it was long and wiggled a lot more not sure if that will help but it might and good luck with your fish hope you get them soon