Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Fish Blitz

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
There's been a Blitz to take every inch of Maritime fishing zones form The Commons to The Oasis and to and to Northguard and fish there until you've ran out of crowns to buy energy elixirs. Olde Town can't even support how many people there are trying to steal each other's fish in that tiny zone near the Crafting House. I think more breathing room is needed for these areas, AT LEAST more room should be given to Olde Town so fishing isn't so cramped. Another thing to the readers out there is to stop shouting EVERY.....SINGLE.....THING you catch! It's driving me nuts! Don't tell complete strangers about what you're getting unless someone does this: "hello Dustin Giantpants, you are a complete stranger to me and are fishing, please tell me everything you've caught today I'm dying to know." If your with a friend and want to tell them and there's a bunch of people around, well, that's why when the Spiral formed out of the last world, Grandmother Raven decided to invent the Friend's Text Chat AND the Group Chat. Just saying.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wanted468 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
There's been a Blitz to take every inch of Maritime fishing zones form The Commons to The Oasis and to and to Northguard and fish there until you've ran out of crowns to buy energy elixirs. Olde Town can't even support how many people there are trying to steal each other's fish in that tiny zone near the Crafting House. I think more breathing room is needed for these areas, AT LEAST more room should be given to Olde Town so fishing isn't so cramped. Another thing to the readers out there is to stop shouting EVERY.....SINGLE.....THING you catch! It's driving me nuts! Don't tell complete strangers about what you're getting unless someone does this: "hello Dustin Giantpants, you are a complete stranger to me and are fishing, please tell me everything you've caught today I'm dying to know." If your with a friend and want to tell them and there's a bunch of people around, well, that's why when the Spiral formed out of the last world, Grandmother Raven decided to invent the Friend's Text Chat AND the Group Chat. Just saying.

Switch realms
Go online early or late in the day (I was on this morning around 6am ET and had no problems at all. There were some people in these areas, but none "stole" fish or were obnoxious)
Don't fish right now

those are your options for the time being

Every time new content is added, this kind of thing happens. Give it time... it will get better.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
They can't steal your fish. The fish you see are only for you. If you notice, when someone else runs through the pond or river, it doesn't scare them away

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
No one can "steal" fish. Every player has his or her own.

I like it when people say what they are catching. It lets me know what fish are in the area.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2014
If you read the whole guide lines about fishing no one can "steal" your fish you may see 3 fish but if I'm on in your realm standing next to you I may see 5 fish. It is set up for everyone to have their own fish, no one can steal or scare away your fish.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
RavenLady777 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Switch realms
Go online early or late in the day (I was on this morning around 6am ET and had no problems at all. There were some people in these areas, but none "stole" fish or were obnoxious)
Don't fish right now

those are your options for the time being

Every time new content is added, this kind of thing happens. Give it time... it will get better.
I asked my friend who's more of a night owl than me (that's a lot coming form me,) how the realms were up really early and to switch realms for my post, well, all were the same. 4 am ET in Olde Town was full in Stormzilla realm (generally perfect), Unicorn realm (generally perfect, Wu realm (generally perfect), Centaur Realm (generally Normal) and Vampire Realm (generally perfect) were full, and how some lvl 27 guy in Centaur was bragging about his Mainstream Dekoi Small Fry he caught. I think it's something the globe calls the United Kingdom :P.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wanted468 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:

As stated by Ravenlady, it will calm down. I have 2 family members who tried it out and they are already tired of it so altho many will try it in the beginning it will get better as some move on.

I personally haven't even tried it but I am not "chance to get" or "luck" orientated for side things in the game, so it's not really of interest to me. I also tend to avoid the Commons so not sure having even more hanging around there will be a good thing either.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't understand the complaint. You cannot steal someone else's fish. Every player sees different fish. There is no overlap. Other players cannot steal or scare off your fish, period. The fish you see, ONLY YOU can see. Other players disappear when you cast. If you want less crowded areas, go to another realm.