Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stocking Lakes

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
I really love aquariums, but I'd also like to be able to store fish in the lakes, streams surrounding my home (like Red Barn Farm). Almost all homes have water, so being able to store say 25-50 fish (a similar amount to pets) in your lake would be nice. Especially if you could then raise the levels of the fish through either a new type of magic or by feeding them (spare items, fish food, snacks) so that keepers can grow to whoppers.

Another thought would be the ability to hatch hybrid fish like we have pet breeding. Say if you bred a Garrfish with a Bonefish you may end up with a Jolly Roger, a Bonefish that wears a pirate hat. Or a Grape Jellyfish and a Fish Sandwich could be bred and make a Grape Jellyfish Sandwich.

Would add a fun layer to housing plus another way to keep more fish (besides having a house full of aquariums like I currently do) and have wizards interact.

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
Maybe Pet Pavilion could have a Fish Hatchery added somewhere on the grounds to create your hybrid fish? Also, the addition of a Fish Market to either the shopping district or near the bazaar would allow fish sales to generate more in game income for King Isle.

On a related note, why do we have to trash our unwanted pets rather than sending them to an Animal Shelter somewhere in the Pet Pavilion? I really don't think that sends the right message for a game aimed at a younger crowd. Granted I realize that these aren't real animals, but only having the option to throw away pets seems really severe and un-PC. A pet adoption agency I think would be a much more positive message rather than making pet-lovers like myself feel REALLY guilty about trashing the unwanted spiders and leprechauns we inevitably get when buying card packs.