Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reveal All Fish Location?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
I'm probably missing something, but can someone tell me if there is a use to the reveal all fish location skill? It appears to me that all it does is mark the fish for a few seconds, which is something I can easily do just by looking. I really hope there's an awesome reason to have this that I'm just not catching on to, because otherwise it appears to just take up space and gold.

Thanks,

Haley Angleblade 65

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Haley Angleblade on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
I'm probably missing something, but can someone tell me if there is a use to the reveal all fish location skill? It appears to me that all it does is mark the fish for a few seconds, which is something I can easily do just by looking. I really hope there's an awesome reason to have this that I'm just not catching on to, because otherwise it appears to just take up space and gold.

Thanks,

Haley Angleblade 65
I didn't train this one... I use the one that shows the fishes' schools. I can see where the fish are so that spell made no sense to me either.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
I agree,

However, I have been fishing all over the spiral. There are a few locations where the fish are hard to see.
Vigrid Roughland for example in area's like Ander's holt or the boiling fields. it helps if you can't see them because of the steam or mist.

Hope this helps

Mark Dragonleaf L89 Storm
Fishing rank: Expert Angler (level 7) close to level 8
Skipper (over 50 different types)
Drop the bass (over 1000 fish caught) my total is about 1500

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
One advantage I could see to having this spell is if you're trying to scare away all of the fish.

If you've already casted Reveal Fish School, you'll have seen the schools and perhaps determined the fish you're looking for is not there at that time. That spell costs you 3 energy.

Reveal Fish only costs 1 energy, so if you wanted to just quickly check to make sure you got them all, you could cast that spell instead and save a couple of energy points. I find it beneficial in Mirkholm Keep. It can be a bit dark in there, and when you're trying to scare away all the fish to spawn a Runefish you sometimes can't see if there are any left.