Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Private fishing retreat anyone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2017
Hi peeps

Was just wondering if anyone has a private fishing retreat house?

I joined this game early this year and didn't know about bundle houses at the time. Now or probably a whlie ago you can't get private fishing retreat anymore :(

Is there anyone that plays that has this beautiful place?
And to push my luck further. If there is anyone who does have this castle. Would I be able to friend you and fish there? I really love fishing. It's so relaxing and fishing at the private fishing retreat just makes sense ya know?

Not sure if I'll get replies. But just thought I'd cast a line and see if anything bites.
Lol couldn't help myself :)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
But just thought I'd cast a line and see if anything bites.

Haha, that's cute, see what you did there.

But, if it helps, you can try looking at housing tours in Wizard City to see if someone has that castle on display.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome To The Game & The Message Boards By The Way! :D

Survivor
Sep 05, 2014
I have fantastic voyage (House dun) inside a boat you can skip the dun and go strait to fishing, its all nice fish in there. If you do the dun you gain an elixir for fishing boost

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
I have one. And its at one of my houses. I have no problem with you fishing there. I can try and meet up with you sometime over the weekend But I can't say for sure what time I'll be online Saturday.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I have one but I can't find it! Lol

Not long ago there was a fish of the day that can only be caught at that fishing retreat.

I used to have it on my land.
I have no memory of where it is or what I did with it!

Did I put it in my attic? Nope, not there...Backpack? Bank? Shared bank? Nope...

Other wizards? Nope....

I think the fish picked it up and carried it off.
It is worth having though. It's really nice.

I'd buy more than one bundle except then I can't claim the gear until I'm max and even then I was running out of places to put all the things in bundles. I got scolded for using the gift box as storage. Well then make gear that grows with us. When you are level 10 an buy a bundle and it says it goes to level 100 what are you gonna do?

Wish the fishing thing was available on its own in the Crown shop.

Survivor
May 09, 2017
Star Edward on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
Welcome To The Game & The Message Boards By The Way! :D

Thank you :D

I did look at the castle tours, went through every list and found no private fishing retreats. Not one on any of the lists. Which was surprising. Then i looked it up online and found that private fishing retreats are exempt from castle tours and that you can only able to go there if you either own one or a friend does.

I'm really liking the community on the message boards. A good variety of people :)

Survivor
May 09, 2017
andrewcompton on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I have fantastic voyage (House dun) inside a boat you can skip the dun and go strait to fishing, its all nice fish in there. If you do the dun you gain an elixir for fishing boost
Thank you for the mention but i have literally no idea what that is and how that works. What is the elixir exactly? Is it an only one time dungeon? I don't want to waste it for you or anything of the sort.
Sorry i have literally zilch-i-o knowledge when it comes to gauntlets and such. So if you don't mind explaining a little more i'd be grateful. If for no other reason then just so i can understand it.
Thanks

Survivor
May 09, 2017
bob3567441 on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I have one. And its at one of my houses. I have no problem with you fishing there. I can try and meet up with you sometime over the weekend But I can't say for sure what time I'll be online Saturday.
That is so kind of you to say that.

I looked at the rules and couldn't see anything about mentioning time zones. But i am not on US time. But i do hope we can somehow meet up nonetheless lol.

My name on there is Isabella Boom Dust, let me knows if you're good with that and hopefully we can arrange something.

Thank you for the mention regardless :)

Survivor
May 09, 2017
SparkleTude on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I have one but I can't find it! Lol

Not long ago there was a fish of the day that can only be caught at that fishing retreat.

I used to have it on my land.
I have no memory of where it is or what I did with it!

Did I put it in my attic? Nope, not there...Backpack? Bank? Shared bank? Nope...

Other wizards? Nope....

I think the fish picked it up and carried it off.
It is worth having though. It's really nice.

I'd buy more than one bundle except then I can't claim the gear until I'm max and even then I was running out of places to put all the things in bundles. I got scolded for using the gift box as storage. Well then make gear that grows with us. When you are level 10 an buy a bundle and it says it goes to level 100 what are you gonna do?

Wish the fishing thing was available on its own in the Crown shop.
Maybe look for it under all your mountains of seeds?

i have seeds in my shared bank, bank, backpack, attic, seed vaults and i'm working on another right now. Seeds have a way of taking over everything.
It's like why is there so much stuff in my backpack? Oh right, all the seeds... lol

Wait what about level 100 gear for a level ten? That sounds obscure.

I wish you could get it in the crown shop on its own.
I am sad that there is no way of getting it and the bundle that it came with is now retired. So no way of getting it.
Just like how the botanical gardens disappeared from the crowns houses.
All the good ones are being gobbled up :(

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I think you can still get the Botanical bundle somewhere...in stores?

The fishing bundle appears on the website once in a great while, as a throwback sale.

Being level 10 but the gear goes up to 100 or more...This is referring to: When you buy a bundle, all of the bits that are in it go into your gift box. Then you choose which wizard you want to claim them from.

When I went to claim the gear that came with the fishing bundle for instance, I noticed it said "make sure you want to claim it now," because it goes up many other levels. It doesn't change, so if you claim it at level 10 then you just paid for and claimed level 10 gear.
Or you can wait until your wizard levels up and claim the gear then. Then the gear will be level 100 or whatever. In some cases that's very worth the wait. Right now I have a wand that has a maycast spell that is amazing and usually kills in one go. If I had claimed that wand sooner, it would be a lesser wand.

Same is true of the clothing. It has other levels too. You can only claim level on it according to your wizard's level.
So until then it stays in the gift box, and when I said I wasn't getting my freebies here they said don't use your gift box as storage. Well then, what am I to do...I can't store some things in vaults or banks, and other things are waiting until I level up.

Maybe if they made gear level up with you, when it's purchased with crowns? There should be something rewarding about buying crowns gear. Different or better in more ways than the freebie or gold bought gear.

Just my opinion. But anyway that was what that part was about.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
The private fishing retreat is not a house by the way. It's small and sits on land.

So it wouldn't be listed as a house in the house tour. I think it's about the size or smaller that the ice pond is.

You click x and go into the fishing retreat. Then you can walk around in it. But it's like doll house sized almost.

It comes with the mystic fishing bundle but it's not a house.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"Maybe look for it under all your mountains of seeds?"

I thought that was funny so I didn't answer it. But to answer it literally: I put all my seeds into seed vaults. So there aren't any heaps of seeds in my backpack.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2016
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to catch all the fish, but I don't have the fishing retreat. I'd appreciate it if someone could let me use theirs. I'm still looking for the fantastic voyage bundle, but no walmart near me carries it, so I'd appreciate help on that front as well, either using someone else's or someone that knows where to get it. Or is wizard going to have it online sometime?