Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polar bear in gh Vigrid Roughland

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
I having so much trouble trying to get this ice fish called the polar bear, I see utube explaining how to get it and I followed what they say but still having no luck at or getting this fish. every time I cast the ice spell to remove all other fish it comes to be empty. that's not the problem, the problem is I used over 3 bottle to find this fish. I need to craft it for a snack but if I going to be using more energy just for one fish then I just forget. but because I a nice guy and friendly I really want to get one, so could you please tell me when that fish suppose to be in that lake. I from Australia and our season are different to the America season. can you please help me with this I really want to keep getting this fish thank you from blaine wild and noah goldheart the greatest wizard that you can be friendly with and please if you see me out in the wizard world say hi to me....

thank you again, have a nice time and good luck for all the fishing and questing in wizard city....

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
morgs2010 on Aug 16, 2018 wrote:
I having so much trouble trying to get this ice fish called the polar bear, I see utube explaining how to get it and I followed what they say but still having no luck at or getting this fish. every time I cast the ice spell to remove all other fish it comes to be empty. that's not the problem, the problem is I used over 3 bottle to find this fish. I need to craft it for a snack but if I going to be using more energy just for one fish then I just forget. but because I a nice guy and friendly I really want to get one, so could you please tell me when that fish suppose to be in that lake. I from Australia and our season are different to the America season. can you please help me with this I really want to keep getting this fish thank you from blaine wild and noah goldheart the greatest wizard that you can be friendly with and please if you see me out in the wizard world say hi to me....

thank you again, have a nice time and good luck for all the fishing and questing in wizard city....
The Polar Bear Acuda is an Epic fish so he isn't always there. You're doing it right, winnow the ice fish then look for him, reset the pond and try again if he isn't there. He isn't a seasonal fish so you can catch him any time of year.

I definitely don't recommend trying to catch him for crafting Mystic Dragon Fruit snacks - you will use way more energy than it is worth. I used to craft snacks from fish sometimes but only when I happened to have the fish...I didn't catch the fish for crafting. Gardening is the easiest way to get mega snacks on a wizard at any level.

The Polar Bear Acuda is worth catching if you enjoy fishing and want him added to your tome. You could craft a fish tank for him and display him in your home

If you are in no rush to catch him you could keep popping back to Vigrid Roughland, do your winnow ice and see if he is there, then leave to do other things, coming back to try again when the fish have reset. Or you could wait until the next zero energy fishing benefit - that's always a good time to catch epic fishes

I hope this helps and good luck catching him!