Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

please help me with a question about Frankenfish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
One person mentioned having found one in Unicorn Way, I am confused because there aren't ever any storm fish there and frankenfish is storm according to the images that have been found. I really want to catch a frankenfish. Please help thank you.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Menyara on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
One person mentioned having found one in Unicorn Way, I am confused because there aren't ever any storm fish there and frankenfish is storm according to the images that have been found. I really want to catch a frankenfish. Please help thank you.
I've caught mine at the unicorn way too, use a storm lure and try to use the reaves school fish if there is only one storm fish that could be the franken fish.

Did this help?
Thank you

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Frankenfish is indeed storm, and remember-it's a special fish. It took 5 pond resets, a few realm changes, and keeping an eye on that upper left-hand corner (where it shows new things loading into the game) to finally catch one. Just keep casting the show fish school spell, change realms, or reset the pond. It's there, I promise!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Here's some locations for you:

• Black Catfish - Commons (Death)
  • Frankenfish - Unicorn Way (Storm)
  • Vampire Squid - Cyclops Lane (Death)
  • Vampire Squid - KT Entrance Hall
Good luck catching all the fish available during Halloween Event!

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
They're really rare to catch.
Most of the time, frankenfish isn't there. One tip: clear the pond of fish, wait, and see if there is a storm fish(if there's only like, one, then that's the frankenfish, I'm sure).

Good luck!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It's a rare fish, so if it's not there you'll need to cast Summon Fish to reset the pond. You may have to do it a few times, but eventually one should pop up for you. Good luck!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The frankenfish is indeed a storm fish found on unicorn way. It just don't appear every time.

If you use reveal fish school and don't see any storm fish then scare the fish away by running through the water and coming back later. If you are rank 6 you can get the summon fish spell in GH. With that spell, there is no need to scare the fish away. Just use reveal fish school and if there is no storm fish then use summon fish. This resets the fish giving you a pond of fresh new fish to catch.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Menyara on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
If you don't see a storm fish in Unicorn Way, use the Summon Fish spell, or scare away all the fish and return after about twenty minutes. It will show up eventually.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
I used everyone's advice and reset the pond. I caught a frankenfish!

Thanks for your help