Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Fish Species Ideas

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
I really like fishing. I think it's a really fun and addictive activity to do. I like the current pool of fish (no pun intended) to catch is nice, and I can't wait for when it expands to other parts of the Spiral (mainly Zafaria and Khrysalis). I also feel that (as weird as it is) Marleybone's fountains (Regents Square, Digmoore Station, Hyde Park)should be filled with Fish as well. It's a fantasy game after all! So I just wanted to make a list of potential species that have yet to be discovered and what worlds they would be in:

Aquila

-Hawk Fish
-Dimachaer-Fish
-Hippochamp
-Scorpionfish
-Needlefish
-Pandora's Boxfish
-Siren
-Titan Triggerfish

Marleybone

-Dog Fish
-Rat Fish
-Franken Fish
-Red Herring
-School Fish
-Frog Fish

Mooshu

-Goat Monk Fish

Celestia

-Star Fish
-Seastar
-Sea Urchin
-Sun Fish
-Flounder
-Tropical Fish
-Giant Squid
-Angler Fish
-Brain Sponge
-Moon Fish
-Oarfish
-Ghost Crab

Zafaria

-Lion Fish
-Elephant Fish
-Zebrafish
-Giraffe Catfish
-Boxing Fish
-Sea Horse
-Yeti Crab
-Coconut Crab

Avalon

-Unicorn Fish
-Crab Knight
-Angel Fish
-Wolf Fish
-Queen Conch
-Flying Fox Knight
-Merfox
-Sword Fish
-Gold Fish
-Black Knight Fish
-Lockness Monster

Azteca

-Piranha
-Flying Fish
-Peacock Bass
-Clam
-Lil' Plesiosaur
-Caimen
-Fishosaurus Rex
-Parrot Fish
-Horse Shoe Crab

Khrysalis

-Water Spider
-Butterfly Fish
-Squirrel Fish
-Palafin
-Cookie Cutter Shark
-Tarantula Hawkfish
-Fly Fish
-Spider Crab
-Backswimmer
-Water Boatman
-Leafy Seadragon
-Old Cod

I think these are just some options to make punny fish designs off of. I know I've named a lot of fish, but I don't think I've named every fish out there. I'd love to hear some of the ideas you have!

Thanks for reading!

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Explorer
May 08, 2014
Love all these ideas for new fish, hope they will select some or come up with some creative ones later on :) I caught almost 3/4 of all the fish available cause i am fishing addict :P need MOAR TANKSSSSS

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009
It was a normal day on the forums, and a thought hit me! We should try to brainstorm different kinds of fish for KI to put into the game. My ideas so far were:

1 . Salmonella: A sick salmon that has a thermometer in his mouth, and a cold pad on his forehead found in Triton Avenue (Storm)

2 . LionFish: A fish similar to the Bearacuda, except it has a lion head like the lion mount found in Zafaria. (Balance)

3. Unifish: A Pinkish fish with a Unicorn head found in (You guessed it) UNICORN WAY! (Life, Duh)

Feel free to share your wackiest ideas on here! Maybe if we created a super long chain of awesome fish, then KingsIsle might just put some of these into the game! :D Or they might just say, "TL;DR" But let's just cross our fingers that they don't! I'm done blabbering, time for you to start typing!

Tyler SkullHunter: Level 87 Pyromancer

Survivor
May 24, 2014
nice now we have too fishing idea rooms

(these ideas that i'm about to post are on my ideas page)

Alexander Clambell (a clam in a tuxedo)(FYI I figured out how to spell tuxedo finally)

EL Salmanco (a salmon with a fancy blade straped to his side and a black vest)(not on my idea page)

super star (a starfish with blue jeans cut off right below where the knee would bee on a human and a chain dangling from his pocket and a microphone in his hand)

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Haha those are good choices so far! I don't have many creative names but i'm sure others will input better :)

1. Monkfish () [Would like to see with a bamboo hat and beard]
2. Superfish (, if they ever start doing these schools) [Looks like superman but a fish, S on it's Chest]
3. Glassfish () [Almost transparent looking]
4. Lurkjaws () [Imagine Jabba-jaw the shark but Wiz101 style]
5. Melodyfish () [A singing fish but instead of air bubbles it will have music symbols]
6. Moonray () [A stingray that is shape of moon, if they do these schools]
7. Fishfries () [Like the Mcdonald's red french fries box w/ fries but turned sideways]

Holiday Specials:
1. Santafish () [Santa clause version of a fish]
2. Boogiefish () [Halloween themed, maybe with witch hat]

And so so for other holidays

Random:
1. Rastafish () [Colored themed and with dreads]
2. Not-A-Fish Fish () [A fish with sunglasses and a fake beard, like a disguise]

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
A party fish: Has a party hat on, and also cake in it's mouth.

Sundae fish:you guesed it, looks like an icecream sundae!

Book fish: looks like a book and is reading a book!

Leopard fish: looks like the catfish, only with a leopard pattern.

Candy fish: Has all candy who can imagine on it, also chewing gum.

School nerd fish: wears round glasses, wearing a uniform, found in pigswick.

Sry i don't have schools, or most places, but i'm still in mooshu at the moment. The school nerd fish, pretty obvious for piswick since it's a school place. I'll try to come up with some more fish in a later time.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Two ideas:

Fillet of Fish (Fish) like a flat fish with a pan under it.

Coi Fish: fish with a face like .

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Defender
May 09, 2010
I think doing Marleybone fishing might be hard, because there is virtually only three places that have water, all of which are fountains. But yeah, I'm up for it! I say for Marleybone, your standard Ideas are fantastic! But I got one of more that might make you consider!

The Clockwork Fish, Which is a more clockwork version of the Armorhead.
And the Tommy Fish, which sort of has the mobster kind of look.

Just a few simple ideas!

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
May 24, 2014
A new idea *can view on my comment page "fishing ideas"*

deep sea squirrel (a squirrel with a air helmet really just make sandy take her body a change it to squirrel take off her suit and have nothing but a normal wizard city squirrel in a air helmet and it will be life ()

Jeremy the necromancer

Survivor
Oct 06, 2012
i think that there should be a signature fish for every spiral world and you can only catch it once
and im just putting ideas out there but i also think you should be able to equip fish and they can help you in battle or somthing...or a pvp fish that every warlord or higher gets

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I totally think the there should be ghost fish in the lava in Dragonspyre since everyone there are ghosts and the only place you can find water there is in the past

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I really like fishing. I think it's a really fun and addictive activity to do. I like the current pool of fish (no pun intended) to catch is nice, and I can't wait for when it expands to other parts of the Spiral (mainly Zafaria and Khrysalis). I also feel that (as weird as it is) Marleybone's fountains (Regents Square, Digmoore Station, Hyde Park)should be filled with Fish as well. It's a fantasy game after all! So I just wanted to make a list of potential species that have yet to be discovered and what worlds they would be in:

Aquila

-Hawk Fish
-Dimachaer-Fish
-Hippochamp
-Scorpionfish
-Needlefish
-Pandora's Boxfish
-Siren
-Titan Triggerfish

Marleybone

-Dog Fish
-Rat Fish
-Franken Fish
-Red Herring
-School Fish
-Frog Fish

Mooshu

-Goat Monk Fish

Celestia

-Star Fish
-Seastar
-Sea Urchin
-Sun Fish
-Flounder
-Tropical Fish
-Giant Squid
-Angler Fish
-Brain Sponge
-Moon Fish
-Oarfish
-Ghost Crab

Zafaria

-Lion Fish
-Elephant Fish
-Zebrafish
-Giraffe Catfish
-Boxing Fish
-Sea Horse
-Yeti Crab
-Coconut Crab

Avalon

-Unicorn Fish
-Crab Knight
-Angel Fish
-Wolf Fish
-Queen Conch
-Flying Fox Knight
-Merfox
-Sword Fish
-Gold Fish
-Black Knight Fish
-Lockness Monster

Azteca

-Piranha
-Flying Fish
-Peacock Bass
-Clam
-Lil' Plesiosaur
-Caimen
-Fishosaurus Rex
-Parrot Fish
-Horse Shoe Crab

Khrysalis

-Water Spider
-Butterfly Fish
-Squirrel Fish
-Palafin
-Cookie Cutter Shark
-Tarantula Hawkfish
-Fly Fish
-Spider Crab
-Backswimmer
-Water Boatman
-Leafy Seadragon
-Old Cod

I think these are just some options to make punny fish designs off of. I know I've named a lot of fish, but I don't think I've named every fish out there. I'd love to hear some of the ideas you have!

Thanks for reading!
in marleybone we can put a mime fish it will be balance Andrew CrowCaster Lvl 42

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I love the idea of submitting some ideas for new fish. The main problem is how much time it takes to draft the idea for a fish, create the model, then the skin. Anyone who has worked on a mod of any other popular game knows the hours involved.

So part of this is to be able to suggest some ideas they can do just by making new skins for current models, or with only a little modification.

New skins:
Kingfish - a fish with a crown, etc. Can adapt Bearded Trout, Troll Trout, or Sumo Koi making a crown instead of the hair.

Tiger Shark - obviously a cross between a tiger and a fish, can adapt Catfish/Cranky Catfish

Purr-ahna - another skin for the Catfish model

Tunafish - can adapt Fish Sandwich but made to look like a swimming can

Flying Fish - looks like a WW I pilot, can adapt Fish & Chips model.

Sea Robin - this is a stretch, but patterned after The Boy Wonder. Can use Sunfish as the most capelike or the Ninja Fish and reskin.

Marlin Brando - tribute to the actor, can be based on the Codfather or Jackson Pollack models

Oscar (Wild) - tribute to the poet, can also be based on the Codfather or Jackson Pollack models

New models:
Buster Crab - tribute to the actor, might even adapt one of the models from Crab Alley/Triton Ave

Oscar - tribute to the award, all done in gold of course

Clownfish - big red nose, colored spots, big red feet/fins

Jessica Alba-core - not sure how to model this, but you can guess

Aunt Chovy - again, not sure how to model this, a scarf, a babushka, something

Sea Horse - obvious horse styling, saddle, bit, etc.

Mermaid - dressed in an apron, etc like a French Maid.

Rock Lobster - lobster model, maybe a bandanna, jeans, and such.

Ok, that is all for now, let me know what you think.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I have some ideas as well. The Doctopus he's a doctor octopus holding various doctor tools in his tentacles. Then the swedish fish, various colors like the candy and dancing and yodeling (I forgot Doctopus life and swedish fish according to color) then the rainbow trout a trout with rainbow colors which would be myth. then the cobra guppy, real fish. I have one in my fish tank in my house but anyway it would be a fish with a cobra head and other snake features you could add in. Hope you like my ideas and best of luck Kingsisle reads this.

-Nathaniel Lifefountain, Exalted Sorcerer

Administrator
Truly some creative and hilarious ideas for fish in this thread! Well done, all.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
Fish Guard: Kinda looks like one of the Wizard City guards, carrying a spear
Ambrose Fish: A Lifeacuda wearing a costume that makes him look a lot like Professor Ambrose.
Ninja Fish: Looks like a ninja.

All of these fish are rare

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mondotigger on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
I love the idea of submitting some ideas for new fish. The main problem is how much time it takes to draft the idea for a fish, create the model, then the skin. Anyone who has worked on a mod of any other popular game knows the hours involved.

So part of this is to be able to suggest some ideas they can do just by making new skins for current models, or with only a little modification.

New skins:
Kingfish - a fish with a crown, etc. Can adapt Bearded Trout, Troll Trout, or Sumo Koi making a crown instead of the hair.

Tiger Shark - obviously a cross between a tiger and a fish, can adapt Catfish/Cranky Catfish

Purr-ahna - another skin for the Catfish model

Tunafish - can adapt Fish Sandwich but made to look like a swimming can

Flying Fish - looks like a WW I pilot, can adapt Fish & Chips model.

Sea Robin - this is a stretch, but patterned after The Boy Wonder. Can use Sunfish as the most capelike or the Ninja Fish and reskin.

Marlin Brando - tribute to the actor, can be based on the Codfather or Jackson Pollack models

Oscar (Wild) - tribute to the poet, can also be based on the Codfather or Jackson Pollack models

New models:
Buster Crab - tribute to the actor, might even adapt one of the models from Crab Alley/Triton Ave

Oscar - tribute to the award, all done in gold of course

Clownfish - big red nose, colored spots, big red feet/fins

Jessica Alba-core - not sure how to model this, but you can guess

Aunt Chovy - again, not sure how to model this, a scarf, a babushka, something

Sea Horse - obvious horse styling, saddle, bit, etc.

Mermaid - dressed in an apron, etc like a French Maid.

Rock Lobster - lobster model, maybe a bandanna, jeans, and such.

Ok, that is all for now, let me know what you think.
Wow, these are great ideas!!! Some of them are even available as models in Pirate101 (like the Clownfish and Tiger Shark...they are pets).

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
My ideas are :

1. Angel fish: fish with wings
  2. Cherry barb: A swimming cherry
  3. Water melon fish: a swimming water melon
  4. Gold fish: Literally a GOLD fish
That's all I could come up with

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
What about a Shocktopus in triton avenue An Octopus with Lightning Bolts
And i would like to see a fish using the sand squid model i really like squids XD another idea What About a Spectrefish wearing the Spectre Hood Also a minature Kraken would kind of cool Oh and a Wraith fish with a scythe would be cute aswell as a black Eel for the death school maybe a ThunderSquid with lightning bolts as tentacles and a lightning pattern Thats about all i can think of

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I have an idea or two
Finfish: school. looks like a movie projection screen fused with a fish. as a pun on the latin word for end.
Octo-pie:. an 8-legged pie.
Octo-puss: . an octopus mixed with a cat.
Sunfish: school. a glowing yellowish orangeish fish
that's all for now! :)

B. lifegiver. mancer
your chances in life!

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
I think there should be fish and lures of side schools. Like the Shadowfish, , where you just catch the flat fish shadow you see from the surface when swimming. And other fish from astral schools as well, like a Sunfish or a sea star (guess the schools) or a wolfish, , like a werewolf.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
These are all great ideas! Here's hoping KI will incorporate some of these.