Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

musushi help

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
I have been fishing for this fish for the past week with no luck can some one please help me and give me tips on how to catch it, i am going insane not getting it.

P.S i have no crowns for energy elixir or fishing luck

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
This was my hardest fish to catch but I finally caught one. It's beautiful but maybe because I had to wait so long to catch it.
It is only available at the Crimson Fields pond and one has to do almost the entire Crimson Fields battles to get there. Then side to side and over the bridge back and forth around the pond area.

I used the winnow 2 available from the fishing guy in MooShu after one does his fishing challenge . Mushushi is a storm level 2 fish but is epic which means its spawn rate is very very low. Even using the winnow level 2 and the storm level 2 lure, I caught pages of grape jellyfish and about a page of origami before I caught it.

Keep trying. Good luck.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Davidfire school on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
This was my hardest fish to catch but I finally caught one. It's beautiful but maybe because I had to wait so long to catch it.
It is only available at the Crimson Fields pond and one has to do almost the entire Crimson Fields battles to get there. Then side to side and over the bridge back and forth around the pond area.

I used the winnow 2 available from the fishing guy in MooShu after one does his fishing challenge . Mushushi is a storm level 2 fish but is epic which means its spawn rate is very very low. Even using the winnow level 2 and the storm level 2 lure, I caught pages of grape jellyfish and about a page of origami before I caught it.

Keep trying. Good luck.
Actually I would suggest using Winnow Storm instead of Winnow Rank 2 in this instance because of the Energy cost difference. WS is only one less point, but it could mean the difference between having enough Energy to cast once you spot the fish you want, and being empty. In a dungeon you don't want to have to keep redoing every day, that's big. Plus you won't have to cast Reveal Fish School to make sure you're not casting for a Samurai Fish, so you're saving even more Energy.

One way to avoid the Grape Jellyfish is to watch the speed of the fish. The Grape Jellyfish is extremely slow, so just don't cast in the direction of the slow ones.

Musushi still swims fast though. When you see a Musushi, you'll know it. But often times the Origami Fish swim fast enough, especially the Small Fries, to convince you that you just can't take the chance of not trying to catch it just in case.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
thanks for the help but i finally caught it, now time to do the dragonspyre epic fish

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
To HighFive Ghost:

Where do you get the winnow storm spell? I am in Dragonshpere level 50. I haven't seen that spell available yet. Perhaps it is in a higher level..another world. Thanks for your help.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Davidfire school on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
To HighFive Ghost:

Where do you get the winnow storm spell? I am in Dragonshpere level 50. I haven't seen that spell available yet. Perhaps it is in a higher level..another world. Thanks for your help.
The school Winnow spells are sold by Timor Flamecaster in the Labyrinth. He also sells the Reveal Fish Rank 1 spell. That spell used to come in handy before the Winnow Rank spells came out last year. It only costs 3 energy to cast, so it'll save you even more energy if you use it in certain situations instead of casting Winnow spells.

It's primary function now is in small ponds where you can see all of the fish so you only have to cast it once, and where the common fish are all Rank 1 and a rare Rank 2 or 3 fish only pops up occasionally.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thanks High Five Ghost. I am not up to the Labyrinth yet. I just tried and can't get in. But I will keep it in mind. Thanks for your help.