Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help catching Blackberry Jellyfish

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Can you help?

What is your best advice, or things you've heard, for catching the Blackberry Jellyfish, to include any tips, suggestions, order of potions and fishing spells to use, etc...?

Blackberry Jellyfish, Ice School, Rank: 2, Rarity: Epic, Size: Tall, Location: Shirataki Temple.

All advice suggestions, tips to catch this jellyfish are appreciated and welcomed!

Thank you for sharing, this will help everyone attempting to catch the Blackberry Jellyfish.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Use Ice Winnow. Winnow spells are magic.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Focus on Ice fish that look like they are barely moving. The Jellyfish are very, very slow swimmers. Same tip applies for the Strawberry Jellyfish and Grape Jellyfish, with the exception of their respective schools of course.

Other fish that swim so slow that they look like they are barely moving are the Vampire Squid during Halloween, and the Cuddlefish. I think there are others too, but those are the ones that I always remember off the top of my head.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
exp613 on Jul 26, 2016 wrote:
Use Ice Winnow. Winnow spells are magic.
I use the ice winnow spell, but when no ice appear, I can either wait for the pond to restock in 20 minutes, or cast reset. I've reset the pond many, many times without success; so next I'll attempt to wait for the pond to restock on its own. So any other tips for how to make the Blackberry Jellyfish to appear sooner; thanks for your suggestions.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I was wrong, the Blackberry Jellyfish actually swims a bit faster. It had been a while since I last caught one.

Winnow or Reveal Fish School are the only way you find it. It's like a lot of the rare fish, you just have to keep doing what you've been doing until it appears. It just has a low spawn rate.

To save Energy, I don't Winnow though. I sit at a spot that makes it easy to run from one side to the other quickly to see all the fish and just use RFS. It's not like it saves you a pile of Energy, but it could save you enough to get an extra reset and have enough left over to catch the fish if it happens to be there that time.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I've been trying to get that fish also. I only find one spot in Shirataki Temple area that has fish and that is a small pond with a bridge over it. I've used reveal fish and get balance and storm. I've reset the pond. I've used many energy elixirs. Still no luck. Any other tips ??? Have I missed a fishing spot?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Davidfire school on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
I've been trying to get that fish also. I only find one spot in Shirataki Temple area that has fish and that is a small pond with a bridge over it. I've used reveal fish and get balance and storm. I've reset the pond. I've used many energy elixirs. Still no luck. Any other tips ??? Have I missed a fishing spot?
You want the good or bad news...

...the good news is you're fishing at the only place Blackberry Jellyfish are found; the bad news is its unreal how many times you have to reset the pond and chase away all the fish but ice (use the spell)!?!

All I could do was continue to reset the pond, and chase ice away or catch everything, and repeat resetting and chasing away or catching everything; until the ice appeared. I was worried I'd loose the jellyfish, so I got a potion to up my chances to catch it. After months of coming back and forth to the pond, I finally said I will start counting how many times I reset the pond before the jellyfish appears. I had to reset the pond 17 times before the Blackberry Jellyfish appeared; you may be luckier and only have to reset a lot less, and hopefully not more.

Some players suggest on other forum to catch the entire pond, and then come back in 20 or more minutes, after the pond resets itself, but doing this style of fishing means you have a lot of time to kill, or want to explore or finish the dungeon, or just spin in place until the pond resets.

I hope this helps, and wish you success in catching the Blackberry Jellyfish; and fish long enough, and every fish will eventually be yours!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Davidfire school on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
Unfortunately this is a fish that doesn't always spawn very often. I'm 99.9% certain that spot by the bridge is the only fishing spot. You're doing everything right, you just have to wait for it to show up. Hopefully you experience better luck soon.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thank you Tyler Wildpants and High Five Ghost for answering quickly. So I went back today--had to fight the keykeeper again to get in. So after 15 summon and then revel there was a lonely ice. Unfortunately it was at the end where one can't get at by those stone walls and then it hung in the middle. Lore ended on rock in water and it bit but then snap-got away. Another 4 summon and reveal and there is another but was by the pole and snap-lost it. Another 10 summon and reveal and finally caught one. YEAH. Yes KI it took 11 energy refills today and 6 the other day to catch this fish. In a dungeon so can't hang around for it to restock.

Also caught the silver streak. Another dungeon to fight to get in to the pond. After 7 summon and reveal I caught it.

Have yet to get Goldfinger. I imagine that will be a lot of summons also. I also need the samurai and that's in another dungeon . I should have fished while I was there.

So after I get Goldfinger and Samurai in Mooshu, I will have all the fish in WC, GH, Krotopia, Marleybone, and Mooshu. Wysteria had none. I have one of each fish displayed in separate tanks in Massive fantasy Palace. It's like a giant fish store.

Thanks again. Hope to see you out there fishing sometime.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Davidfire school on Sep 4, 2016 wrote:
Thank you Tyler Wildpants and High Five Ghost for answering quickly. So I went back today--had to fight the keykeeper again to get in. So after 15 summon and then revel there was a lonely ice. Unfortunately it was at the end where one can't get at by those stone walls and then it hung in the middle. Lore ended on rock in water and it bit but then snap-got away. Another 4 summon and reveal and there is another but was by the pole and snap-lost it. Another 10 summon and reveal and finally caught one. YEAH. Yes KI it took 11 energy refills today and 6 the other day to catch this fish. In a dungeon so can't hang around for it to restock.

Also caught the silver streak. Another dungeon to fight to get in to the pond. After 7 summon and reveal I caught it.

Have yet to get Goldfinger. I imagine that will be a lot of summons also. I also need the samurai and that's in another dungeon . I should have fished while I was there.

So after I get Goldfinger and Samurai in Mooshu, I will have all the fish in WC, GH, Krotopia, Marleybone, and Mooshu. Wysteria had none. I have one of each fish displayed in separate tanks in Massive fantasy Palace. It's like a giant fish store.

Thanks again. Hope to see you out there fishing sometime.
Musushi I think is the rare one that's going to be fun in the Crimson Fields. That's where the Samurai fish is too, however if you're a member and you can get into Darkmoor, there are Samurai fish there too.

Go into Crimson Fields with a full energy globe, and if you don't have enough energy left after getting a Musushi, then go to Darkmoor and catch the Samurai Fish. It was but a mild inconvenience to carry out the duel in Sirataki Temple and the two in the Emperor's Retreat to get to the fishing holes. Crimson Fields you have to do the entire dungeon, minus the final boss battle, just to get to the fishing hole.

On the bright side, I know Musushi spawned a little more often than some of the other fish so all 12 of my wizards (at the time) caught one on their first trip there, and I think I only had to refill my energy once or twice. That said, KI seemed to change the spawn rate on the summer update.

There are a lot of rare/epic fish that used to spawn frequently that suddenly seem to spawn less often than bears like Errol Fynn, Undead Spyre Eel, Goldfin-ger, and so on. The Duckbill Eel, Ecto Slime Skate, and even the Owl Eyed Pike have joined their ranks of becoming near impossible to find. So perhaps the same has happened with Musushi. I hope not, since it's so much work just to get to the fishing hole, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
AAAH I forgot about Musushi. Now I'll have to go through the dungeon again to get there. I did get the Samurai with only 2 summon. I did see storm but I was with someone who was in a hurry to get to the boss and then we ported out. Now I'll have to do it again. But I'll do it solo so I can take my time and fish. I do want another Samurai for another of my wizards. I am a member but not up to Castle Darkmoor yet.

Still have to get Goldfinger too.

Thanks for all your advice. I appreciate it.