Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fishing update

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!
Thanks falmea

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Sentinel fish put me off fishing entirely. Thanks for addressing that :)

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
Now what would be nice is some Ice Fishing in Polaris only if Ki adds new species fish for that area. In other words fish you would mostly find in the arctic Paul the Wizard.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Well, I did think about having many more fish to catch in the available worlds, so, I'm cool with that, along with new fishing quest & spells.

I'll be waiting to view more made.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
The chests were mentioned earlier and I wanted to bring up something that I've wondered about. For example: when I cast a "Winnow Myth Fish" spell and catch a Chest, why will a Fire school wand be in it? Shouldn't it be a Myth school wand? That goes for when I cast "Reveal Fish School" and see that the shadow I'm looking at is a Death school fish. If I catch it and it's a chest, shouldn't it contain Death school gear and not from a different school that what the "Reveal" spell said it was?

My 2¢…

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
Professor Falmea on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
We’ve been receiving feedback on the difficulty of reaching fishing level 20 here and through bug reports – and after further evaluation, we agree with you. While absolutely possible, it’s very challenging for anyone to get there anytime soon. In that light, we’re going to make some changes in an upcoming update to the Test Realm.

First, we’re going to leave the level cap at 15 as it is on Live for a while. The bump to level 20 isn’t needed right now.
Second, we’re going to smooth out the experience needed to advance to the next rank at higher levels.
Third: we’re also toning down the sentinel fish a bit.

With future updates to Live (summertime and beyond), we’ll look into adding more fish to catch, and potentially some new quests, and spells in your arsenal.

Thanks for your constructive feedback and helping us test out new content before it goes live!

Huzzah! Thank you Professor, for letting us in on the Future! Your Crystal Ball is Amazing!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Scott 7 on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
The chests were mentioned earlier and I wanted to bring up something that I've wondered about. For example: when I cast a "Winnow Myth Fish" spell and catch a Chest, why will a Fire school wand be in it? Shouldn't it be a Myth school wand? That goes for when I cast "Reveal Fish School" and see that the shadow I'm looking at is a Death school fish. If I catch it and it's a chest, shouldn't it contain Death school gear and not from a different school that what the "Reveal" spell said it was?

My 2¢…
The same reason you can defeat a Myth school enemy in combat and receive Fire-specific gear as a drop. Also, Chests aren't school specific and they aren't affected by a Winnow spell so there's no reason for their contents to be linked to any school.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
If the would just give more xp for the fish according to their rank like they do in the gardening. then it would be a bit easier. I have most of the fish and I am still only a level 10. Not sure I want to fish 3,550 fish to reach level 11 and how long that would take. Oh well.