Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Tournament

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
What did you guys get from the fish tournaments? I entered my fish but since it didn't get a rank I got nothing. Also, where is the best place for pickled herring? I hear it's the winter wind tower but I always get doodlefish satyrs.

Brittany I. Lvl. 101

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
I agree - there were too many Satyr Doodlefish at the Winter Wind Tower. I only caught one Small Fry Pickled Herring at the house. I couldn't find any Small Fries in Dragonspyre, either. Congratulations to the winners for their persistence.

Not sure what the "consolation prize" is meant to be as most people are just getting the badge.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Hi, I only caught one small fry pickled herring at Winter Wind. They were difficult to get as one couldn't go in the water and they seemed to hug the other shore.
It was in the top 100 small fryies and I received 1000 gold for it along with a badge. It shows in a gift on late Sunday/Monday. The gift window on Monday didn't say but I had written down my gold/crown amount on Sat so I could check. The week before I had 3 Zeus doodlefish small fry and got 3000 gold.
Now to find mud dekoi. Good luck all.