Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Quests Info Needed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2018
So I have a lv. 55 wizard as my max leveled character on my account and I've been trying to do all the fishing quests so I can get the double chest chance spell. I finished the dragonspyre quest and now I have to go to Avalon, I saw a post a little while ago that said I could port there if I was under leveled just to do the quest and I'm wondering if that's true? if true, I can't seem to be able to get there through the portal door. If it's not true, do I gave to just get my wizard to that areas level cap and go from there? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
No, you cannot go into an area prematurely, unless someone else is in that area and you teleport to them. You'll just have to wait until you reach that part of the storyline.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Nando0915 on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
So I have a lv. 55 wizard as my max leveled character on my account and I've been trying to do all the fishing quests so I can get the double chest chance spell. I finished the dragonspyre quest and now I have to go to Avalon, I saw a post a little while ago that said I could port there if I was under leveled just to do the quest and I'm wondering if that's true? if true, I can't seem to be able to get there through the portal door. If it's not true, do I gave to just get my wizard to that areas level cap and go from there? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
When people say you can port in to go fishing they are meaning that although you can not access the area via the Spiral Door you can reach the fishing locations and pick up the quests by teleporting to a higher level wizard who has access.

There are a few ways to do this. For all of them I recommend looking up which areas you'll need and listing them in order so you can do it with minimal requests to other players.

1. If you have a higher level friend you can ask them to give you a port to the location you need. Be careful not to over-ask for ports since it inturrupts what they are doing and they will have to run to the location you want to go to. A wizard who enjoys fishing or understands what you're wanting to achieve may well be more open to multiple ports

2. You can go as close to the location as possible (initially this may be the Spiral Door in Wiz City) and politely ask higher level wizards who are passing by if they'd help you with a port to Avalon...most are open to doing this. If people appear to be ignoring your request please remember they are running somewhere and thinking about where they are going, so might have just missed what you said rather than choosing to ignore you!

3. Asking in the Commons or busy bazaar can be a good place for catching people who are happy to help

4. Use a teleport tapestry if you can find one in a house in Castle Tours (though this may take a while to find)

5. Once in the location you need make sure you mark location so you can get back independently...don't forget that from anywhere in the world you can hit commons and get back to the commons area of that world regardless of whether you are officially allowed there

The great thing about the fishing quests is that they are not level locked and the areas with fish can all be accessed without having to quest to that point.

I hope this helps