Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing In Houses?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I have an idea and a theory that fishing in houses is going to become available soon. Almost every house has an area of water in it and I'd think certain fish would only swim in those houses. I'm hoping for this in any update soon. Would you guys like to catch fish in homes?

David Darkflame Level 100

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
but houses are suppose to be for other stuff than fishing. it would look more natural but i am not so sure about it.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
YES! That would be so fun.. have each type of house have it's own special epic fish!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I like the idea and I have some additional suggestions to go along with it.

First, I think the only fish available in home waters should be the basic fish that are required for crafting recipes... Lifeacuda, Frost Dekoi, Catfish etc. and possibly one extremely rare universal fish ONLY found in home ponds. Maybe a "Home Bass"? This would still allow for the necessity of traveling the spiral to get those other fish that are limited to specific areas - Bearracuda in Grizzleheim, Sumo Koi in Mooshu, etc.
Another thought I had was a craftable fish snare. This would be an expensive recipe only available to mid to high level artisans consisting of a large number of expensive reagents just to keep it challenging. Limited to one trap per house. Possibly the trap could be loaded with "bait" in the form of pet snacks.
Example: You want to craft a Large Keeper aquarium which requires Catfish as a component of the recipe. You load the trap with Killer Tomatoes, Chili Peppers or any other Fire School snack and this would give you a correspondingly higher percentage of catching the fire school fish. Set the trap, go questing, training, PvP, whatever else you want, come back in 24 hours and check your trap. The bait would be consumed regardless of whether you successfully trapped any fish and using a school specific bait wouldn't guarantee that you'd get the fish you're looking for.

Tight lines fellow anglers.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes, in an earlier thread I also suggested fishing in houses. I like this idea.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
TucsonWizard on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea and I have some additional suggestions to go along with it.

First, I think the only fish available in home waters should be the basic fish that are required for crafting recipes... Lifeacuda, Frost Dekoi, Catfish etc. and possibly one extremely rare universal fish ONLY found in home ponds. Maybe a "Home Bass"? This would still allow for the necessity of traveling the spiral to get those other fish that are limited to specific areas - Bearracuda in Grizzleheim, Sumo Koi in Mooshu, etc.
Another thought I had was a craftable fish snare. This would be an expensive recipe only available to mid to high level artisans consisting of a large number of expensive reagents just to keep it challenging. Limited to one trap per house. Possibly the trap could be loaded with "bait" in the form of pet snacks.
Example: You want to craft a Large Keeper aquarium which requires Catfish as a component of the recipe. You load the trap with Killer Tomatoes, Chili Peppers or any other Fire School snack and this would give you a correspondingly higher percentage of catching the fire school fish. Set the trap, go questing, training, PvP, whatever else you want, come back in 24 hours and check your trap. The bait would be consumed regardless of whether you successfully trapped any fish and using a school specific bait wouldn't guarantee that you'd get the fish you're looking for.

Tight lines fellow anglers.
You seem quite passionate about this fishing, lol! But I really like the idea of a fish that only appears in homes.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Melissa Daydreamer on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
You seem quite passionate about this fishing, lol! But I really like the idea of a fish that only appears in homes.
LOL! That might be the polite way of putting it. Others have said I'm obsessed! Considering that I have four separate wizards spending at least a little time fishing for "recipe" fish every day I find it hard to disagree with them. (My main "fish collecting" wizard has nearly 60 aquariums, all of which were crafted or found in fishing chests - gonna need a bigger house!)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
As I have been collecting many fish doing the quests, I had this thought also about the houses. What I was thinking is you have all these fish, can only put one into each aquarium. So why not be able to stock your ponds, streams etc with the fish you catch? Okay so it is not a free supply of fish, that might not be fair. But why not be able to kill some time with your friends fishing your own stocked ponds? If you use them in quests or recipes and stuff then they are gone, but all the rest you can put in around your house.

The same rules can apply like in other fishing spots, same spells, only what you put in will be the available pool of fish for catching. Obviously you don't get max exp for them since they are all fish you already caught. It would just be an extra dimension to your house.