Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing and Gardening!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2021
Personally, I love all of the side things that you can do in this game. I'm currently a rank 5 fisherman and rank 8 gardener. What I do wish, though, is that it was easier to do those things. With how small the energy crystal is, I have to choose if I want to fish or if I want to garden, not even thinking about pet games and such. I think that with the gardening and fishing quests, your energy crystal should expand. I currently only have 69 energy, and with all of the plants that I planted, I have to refill it just to take care of those, and then can't fish until it's refilled again. I know they're just small side parts of the game, but I think that the people who wish to do those things more, like me (who has a huge garden), should have those quest lines to increase energy. Or, even have furniture that increases your energy cap, just like equipment does for health and mana.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
bakubro0312 on May 15, 2022 wrote:
Personally, I love all of the side things that you can do in this game. I'm currently a rank 5 fisherman and rank 8 gardener. What I do wish, though, is that it was easier to do those things. With how small the energy crystal is, I have to choose if I want to fish or if I want to garden, not even thinking about pet games and such. I think that with the gardening and fishing quests, your energy crystal should expand. I currently only have 69 energy, and with all of the plants that I planted, I have to refill it just to take care of those, and then can't fish until it's refilled again. I know they're just small side parts of the game, but I think that the people who wish to do those things more, like me (who has a huge garden), should have those quest lines to increase energy. Or, even have furniture that increases your energy cap, just like equipment does for health and mana.
I think we all wish KI would expand our base energy, even more so now they added Cantrips as another use for our precious energy. Hint, hint KI

What you can do to increase your energy without crowns is

1, if you are level 56 or higher, go to the bazaar and you will find hats, robes and boots with 2 extra energy. Just put it on before you log out for the day and that is an extra 6 energy.

2, Level up your crafting badges and be level 56, go to Vestrilund in Wintertusk and buy the recipes for Garnet Bear Claw(2 energy) athame and Wintertsuk Ring Of Valor(4 energy) and craft them. Another 6 energy on top of your base level.

3, When the Five B.O.X.E.S event returns to the game farm the highest level Box you can enter and you have a chance of Greenwarden's Energetic Hat, Robe or Boots. Be persistent and with a little luck you may get a piece or 2. Avalon Box offers the best free energy gear in the game.

4, Mirror Lake(the final dungeon of Zafaria) drops some very good level 70 energy hat, robe and boots BUT the drop rates are very poor.

5, If you are lucky enough to have a friend who has the Grand Tourny gauntlet this can drop the Pixie's energy hat, robe and boots. Super if you are lucky.

6, Gosh knows why I didn't start with this but go to the pet kiosk in the Pet Pavilion and search for "Ultra Energy"(20) and "Huge Energy"(15) and you will find many pets giving tons of energy. Hatch with one that has both plus "Big Energy"(10) and if possible "Energy"(5) as well. The Dapper Corgi pet comes with an extra 8 energy if you can find someone who will lend you a hatch. Hatch and take pet to Adult, rehatch and take to adult, do this a few times to make sure the talents are in your talent pool. Oh if you look you'll see most have garden talents or fishing luck along with energy which I'm sure will make you happy!!!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2021
king lucas on May 16, 2022 wrote:
I think we all wish KI would expand our base energy, even more so now they added Cantrips as another use for our precious energy. Hint, hint KI

What you can do to increase your energy without crowns is

1, if you are level 56 or higher, go to the bazaar and you will find hats, robes and boots with 2 extra energy. Just put it on before you log out for the day and that is an extra 6 energy.

2, Level up your crafting badges and be level 56, go to Vestrilund in Wintertusk and buy the recipes for Garnet Bear Claw(2 energy) athame and Wintertsuk Ring Of Valor(4 energy) and craft them. Another 6 energy on top of your base level.

3, When the Five B.O.X.E.S event returns to the game farm the highest level Box you can enter and you have a chance of Greenwarden's Energetic Hat, Robe or Boots. Be persistent and with a little luck you may get a piece or 2. Avalon Box offers the best free energy gear in the game.

4, Mirror Lake(the final dungeon of Zafaria) drops some very good level 70 energy hat, robe and boots BUT the drop rates are very poor.

5, If you are lucky enough to have a friend who has the Grand Tourny gauntlet this can drop the Pixie's energy hat, robe and boots. Super if you are lucky.

6, Gosh knows why I didn't start with this but go to the pet kiosk in the Pet Pavilion and search for "Ultra Energy"(20) and "Huge Energy"(15) and you will find many pets giving tons of energy. Hatch with one that has both plus "Big Energy"(10) and if possible "Energy"(5) as well. The Dapper Corgi pet comes with an extra 8 energy if you can find someone who will lend you a hatch. Hatch and take pet to Adult, rehatch and take to adult, do this a few times to make sure the talents are in your talent pool. Oh if you look you'll see most have garden talents or fishing luck along with energy which I'm sure will make you happy!!!
It's definitely good to know there's more out there for gaining energy! I absolutely have no problem grinding areas for the sake of my beloved plants!
Hopefully with all of the updates and expansions to the game, especially with the new uses for energy, there will be more opportunities to expand that crystal without just having to level up. It would be very nice to be able to have more than a few plants at a time.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Alas you have hit upon one of the biggest complaints that players have against "Energy Usage"

In addition to Gardening and Fishing, Energy is also used in Pet Training and now Cantrips as well.

King Lucas was VERY thorough in his details of where to look for energy gear. His recommendations should be followed. Especially getting a Dapper Corgi pet.

One thing I feel that he neglected to add. Put all your energy gear (including pet Corgi) in a set. Equip that set when you log off Wizards for the day. I call the Energy Set my wizard's pajamas (in fact stitching the energy gear to the various pajama outfits is a VERY good idea). Then when you log in the next day you have a full energy bar.

Do the things that require energy first thing, (Gardening, Fishing, Pet Training) and THEN switch gear sets to your questing gear go about questing for the day.

This is the strategy I've been using for a number of years now.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Area51Alien on May 19, 2022 wrote:
Alas you have hit upon one of the biggest complaints that players have against "Energy Usage"

In addition to Gardening and Fishing, Energy is also used in Pet Training and now Cantrips as well.

King Lucas was VERY thorough in his details of where to look for energy gear. His recommendations should be followed. Especially getting a Dapper Corgi pet.

One thing I feel that he neglected to add. Put all your energy gear (including pet Corgi) in a set. Equip that set when you log off Wizards for the day. I call the Energy Set my wizard's pajamas (in fact stitching the energy gear to the various pajama outfits is a VERY good idea). Then when you log in the next day you have a full energy bar.

Do the things that require energy first thing, (Gardening, Fishing, Pet Training) and THEN switch gear sets to your questing gear go about questing for the day.

This is the strategy I've been using for a number of years now.
I also refer to my energy gear, like other players I have met as PJ's. Yes great comment, I forgot to say make a gear set with all your energy gear! That's the beauty of a forum, we all add more info!