Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish Sandwich Flaws?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2014
WOW ... I was lucky! ... I just got the Fish Sandwich in Cyclops Lane within 4 fish

I found it in the streams near the bridge and it was a tiny shadow, not a large one. So stick to catching the tiny ones!!

Good luck, I hope you have the luck I had!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I'm guessing that a lot of you peeps have never fished in the real world. I live in the desert now so I don't have the opportunity to fish like I used to but back in the day, living near the ocean, fishing was an almost daily hobby for me. I can't tell you how many times I fished for hours without even a nibble. That didn't keep me from going back and trying again the next day. If I had caught a fish on every cast, or even every other cast, I wouldn't have been as devoted to it as I was. It's not the destination so much as it is the journey... and the challenge. Part of the joy of fishing is the anticipation. What am I going to get? Will I get anything at all? I know, some will argue "This isn't real life and I want immediate gratification!" To those I say, go grow a plant. But you know what, you still don't know for sure what you're going to get. I've harvested plants and gotten nothing but XP so there are no guarantees. Sit back, relax, have fun with it. If it was easy it wouldn't worth doing.

My humble opinion.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
Dr Von on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
I have been fishing for about 3 days and haven't been able to catch one.
It and the catfish are impossible to find; I just want that quest off my books so I can move on!

i know right i've gotten a least five treasure chests but no fish sand which no cat fish just grrr

Survivor
May 13, 2011
Hello there Beautifulmonkey. The Wizard of Fire, Tuscon Wizard and everyone else that has pointed to the streams, instead of the lake, is right - smaller fish - and you can get them with or . With all my characters, so far, I've bagged Fish Sandwich with a lure, on the smaller fish in the streams, not the lake, in Cyclops Lane. Hope that helps to anyone else struggling ...

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
kjberger on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
You aren't catching the fish sandwich because it is a life fish, use life lure and try in the streams past bridges away from the main pond
Wrong.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Fish:Fish_Sandwich

Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
I found it easier to find the Fish Sandwich when I used the reveal all fish schools spell. It allowed me to target the myth fish and I found it soon after.

Samantha Hawkrider

Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
i too am having trouble catching the fish sandwich. i looked in the streams and lake nothing. i tried luck potion, life lure, and myth lure and still nothing. help. i went to cyclops lane to find, buy yikes not a one. i revealed fish and fish school nothing.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
harleyboy210 on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
i too am having trouble catching the fish sandwich. i looked in the streams and lake nothing. i tried luck potion, life lure, and myth lure and still nothing. help. i went to cyclops lane to find, buy yikes not a one. i revealed fish and fish school nothing.
i even tried 5 realms nothing please add more fish sandwiches.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
what realm is best for fish sandwich? i tried all lures.

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
hydra4444 on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
I just had trouble catching sharkspear
in cyclops lane there are ice school.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
For me its the exact opposite!

I always seem to stumble upon fish sandwiches and never the other one!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
It is impossible see i am stuck on catfish and fish sandwich like forever!!!! And i am getting tired of it i bought
elixirs to help me but no nothing ireall need an answer? Please? what are they attracted too!!! Peace out
Balance Style boom I really need to know so please help me? ~Tara .G. Staff

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
NICk1233nm on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
It is impossible see i am stuck on catfish and fish sandwich like forever!!!! And i am getting tired of it i bought
elixirs to help me but no nothing ireall need an answer? Please? what are they attracted too!!! Peace out
Balance Style boom I really need to know so please help me? ~Tara .G. Staff
Catfish are fire so use fire lures for them. After I found that out, I caught one on my first try! Hope I helped

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
You should fish in the streams and try to get the smallest looking fish.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
I've found the fish sandwich in the realm centaur and with a life lure. Hope this helped.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Hi I know this seems not before able but I caught a fish sandwich on my first day fishing at Cyclops LN its easy too find if you fish near the water falls. If you can't find fish simply use reveal school I caught 3 myth-cuda yesterday it was my first day fishigh in CL (Cyclops LN) Lucky too yesterday I got 2 rare.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2014
That's strange.

I get the opposite.

I catch too many Fish Sandwiches...

Hmhm, weird. Anyway, good luck! :)

Regards,
Nathan SoulRiver

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
Beautifulmonkey on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I love fishing! ..But there's one thing, the Fish Sandwich!

I really hope it isn't just me, but I can never seem to find it! In-fact, I rarely see a Myth Fish in the Cyclops Area lake! Does anyone have any tips or can help explain this problem? Thanks!
http://www.duelist101.com/news/updates/wizard101-fish-location-guide/ for help about all sorts of fish including fish sandwich and do you have reveal fish school spell its really helpful

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
kjberger on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
You aren't catching the fish sandwich because it is a life fish, use life lure and try in the streams past bridges away from the main pond
its not life its myth

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
It's not a Myth fish.
I had more luck with the balance and death lures than life, or any others for that matter.

I caught mine i the streams, as others have.
http://www.duelist101.com/news/updates/wizard101-fish-location-guide/ prove your wrong when you find fish sandwich

Survivor
Oct 31, 2014
use reveal school fish spell then go to cyclops lane then catch it (fish sandwichs are myth)

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Beautifulmonkey on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I love fishing! ..But there's one thing, the Fish Sandwich!

I really hope it isn't just me, but I can never seem to find it! In-fact, I rarely see a Myth Fish in the Cyclops Area lake! Does anyone have any tips or can help explain this problem? Thanks!
Buy the fishing luck exlir in the crown shop and throw a lure that tells you the school of the fish find myth and throw a myth lure out to the fish and hope it is a fish sandwhich. I can't even catch a fish sandwhich but i can catch myth fish but not a fish sandwhich. I hope i helped you out!
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
This fish wasn't that hard to find for me, I casted the reveal fish school twice and found a myth fish. First it was a Mythacuda so I went to the stream not the lake and found another one at random which got me the Fish Sandwhich. Get the Elixir it helps alot.