Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ember Parrot Fish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I needed to get the Ember Parrot Fish and the Trigger Fish for a Dragonspyre fishing quest, and I'm having a bit of trouble. I looked up the locations they are supposed to be found in online, and I was able to get the three Trigger Fish in the Grand Chasm fairly easily, using only half of my total energy before having all three (I have 76 energy at full currently). However, I have yet to find a single Ember Parrot Fish in the Tower Archives, let alone the three I need. I have been trying for several days, and have been constantly using every single drop of energy I have. I am using the same lure as the Trigger Fish, since they are supposed to be the same school (Fire), so I don't think that is the issue. The Ember Parrot Fish also isn't supposed the be rare, from what I've read. Therefore, I can't understand why I haven't found even one. Am I in the wrong area for these fish? Is there only one specific pool in the area that has them? Having this quest in my log without finding a single one of what I need is starting to get a bit frustrating.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Nora T on May 5, 2015 wrote:
I needed to get the Ember Parrot Fish and the Trigger Fish for a Dragonspyre fishing quest, and I'm having a bit of trouble. I looked up the locations they are supposed to be found in online, and I was able to get the three Trigger Fish in the Grand Chasm fairly easily, using only half of my total energy before having all three (I have 76 energy at full currently). However, I have yet to find a single Ember Parrot Fish in the Tower Archives, let alone the three I need. I have been trying for several days, and have been constantly using every single drop of energy I have. I am using the same lure as the Trigger Fish, since they are supposed to be the same school (Fire), so I don't think that is the issue. The Ember Parrot Fish also isn't supposed the be rare, from what I've read. Therefore, I can't understand why I haven't found even one. Am I in the wrong area for these fish? Is there only one specific pool in the area that has them? Having this quest in my log without finding a single one of what I need is starting to get a bit frustrating.
I usually caught mine right at the entrance where the bridges are. I also caught them on the left side when you're going into the Tower Archives. I only got lucky getting one a day if I was lucky. Good luck getting those Ember Parrots.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
They aren't listed as rare, but they may as well be. They don't come along very often, and certainly aren't as plentiful as the Trigger Fish usually is. Seldom will you ever find two in the same pool/hole at the same time. It usually takes me a couple days before I finish that part of the quest with my wizards because I exhaust all of my energy before I get them all. I wind up with a lot of Fire School of Fish and Charred Dekois.

But no, they are not limited to one pool. However I only fish in the first little area where the bridges cross right at the start, and the one at the end of that street. I run out of energy before I can go exploring other areas so I haven't ventured anywhere else to look for them. But I have caught them in both of those areas.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Nora T on May 5, 2015 wrote:
Your in the right area, there just harder to find considering the fire school of fish being rank 2 as well

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I caught mine all in the same pool. It's around the corner from Petrov's Tower on your way to the very top right of the map. There's a couple pools attached in that area and you can walk around the back on the left side. I scared off all but fire then used the 2nd rank fire lure. Good luck.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
seethe42 on May 6, 2015 wrote:
I caught mine all in the same pool. It's around the corner from Petrov's Tower on your way to the very top right of the map. There's a couple pools attached in that area and you can walk around the back on the left side. I scared off all but fire then used the 2nd rank fire lure. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip Seethe. After tending my gardens I had some leftover energy so I tried the pool you talked about (I hadn't tried there before) and finally got a Parrotfish. Only got one of three before I ran out of energy but it's a start.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I used the pool you talked about, Seethe, and I was able to get all three within a couple days. Thanks for the help :D I had never gone that far before, so that might be why I never found one if that is the pool there are most often found in.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
I found a few here in the picture. Most places say this is in the forum, but i only caught one there. I caught my last two in the Tower Archives, near Petrov's tower. Strangely, i only catch them from this spot.