Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elixers

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I need the Bearacuda from Grizz H. so after three energy globes i decide to try the minor fishing luck elixir. I used up whole energy globe 129 and fished out savastard pass and the stream on commons and no Bearacuda. I guess this taught me that the elixirs really do not help that much at all fishing all this area and using entire globe and come up empty. I would have been just as good without an elixir. Game needs to make adjustments before i will invest crowns into fishing again. If i had no quest and was just fishing i would accept what ever i got, but with a specific fish and getting an elixir you would think that the 150 crowns would sort of ensure you came away with something worth the crowns. Until it is made more worth while i will just fish plain and simple and not invest crowns. You learn in game soon when crowns pay off or don't pay off and here is one that is questionable. Least till time goes by and see if game changes. Sort of like spending crowns on a certain clothing and getting something else in its place, game needs adjusting.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I was still working on completing the Bearracuda in GH only after many energy globes and fighting a game that has bright water and can hardly see the fish, i am just going to stop fishing this wizard. It is my first wizard to retire from fishing as if it cant complete quest in least 4 energy globes plus a minor luck elixir then it is time to quit. My other wizards didn't take no where this long, so to me this wizard is a poor fisherman, and needs to find something else to do than waste energy on something he can not complete. Sorry Game, you need to make it better than this for me to fish him again.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
2x4 two step on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
I need the Bearacuda from Grizz H. so after three energy globes i decide to try the minor fishing luck elixir. I used up whole energy globe 129 and fished out savastard pass and the stream on commons and no Bearacuda. I guess this taught me that the elixirs really do not help that much at all fishing all this area and using entire globe and come up empty. I would have been just as good without an elixir. Game needs to make adjustments before i will invest crowns into fishing again. If i had no quest and was just fishing i would accept what ever i got, but with a specific fish and getting an elixir you would think that the 150 crowns would sort of ensure you came away with something worth the crowns. Until it is made more worth while i will just fish plain and simple and not invest crowns. You learn in game soon when crowns pay off or don't pay off and here is one that is questionable. Least till time goes by and see if game changes. Sort of like spending crowns on a certain clothing and getting something else in its place, game needs adjusting.
Hi, hope i can help you here :)

Have you tried fishing in the Warren Keep in GH? I caught 3 without trying there and i recommend going there for the Sun Ray fish also, that is a cool one, since there is only 2 schools and the body of water is very easy to move around in case you want to scare away the other type. I don't think bearacuda is in the commons... to help you better try check out fan websites like Duelist101 for fish locations and school types.

imo i wouldn't recommend using the Luck Elixers as there is currently a small bug that might make it worthless... if you fish all the fish out of the pond or switch realms quickly you will fail to catch 75% of your catches, so for now i recommend only using Energy Potions.

I don't think the game needs adjusting for crown packs like you mention in your last sentence, it is like buying a regular card pack (like pokemon cards, assuming you know about card packs in real life) and it's all about luck. Much like trying to go for the lottery or gambling, it is the risk you take to get the loot you want. Do you always believe you will WIN every time you gamble on something? That would be absurd if you do.

Good luck friend,
Wolf Darkshade 87
Expert (7) Fisherman

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Thanks, i had to go there to get the fish, and finally got it. I am finding if you want to level, i guess instead of trying for those different type fish that render high XP you are better off going with the school dominate in the water. It is better to land a lot of Bone fish and get xp, than try and land another school and just get losses. An Example of this is in the entrance hall in Krocktopia where all you have to just about do is use Balance school all time and will land most of all the fish there. Then i ventured into the emperors retreat, man its been long time since i went in there and i landed the Hammer head shark,and several other odd fish. I have not found any fishing in any of the worlds past Dragomspyre, none in Celes, Avalon, or above these, if anyone has please tell me where as i would venture there and try. Lots of water in Celisia as it is an underwater world, but in commons even, no fish, if no fish in commons i figure no fish in that world as of yet. I enjoy the fishing part in game, i find some of it annoying Like an earlier post, you have a myth fish to catch in Cyclops lane and you go there fish it dry and still no fish, Did i just get sent after a sky hook? If you fish it dry then that fish should have been there somewhere. Why would they send you after a fish that was not there?