Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cranky fish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
Most of the fish that I have found that are difficult to find swim faster than the rest and are smaller than the rest. I caught two of the cranky fish in the commons by accident when I first started to fish and now need to catch them for my other wizards. However, each time I use my spell to see the schools and see the ice and catch all the ice in the pond I never see a small ice fish that is fast, and obviously haven't caught the cranky fish when i catch all the ice fish in the pond. Anyone have any pointers on this fish? Any help would be great!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
cuddles2132 on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
Most of the fish that I have found that are difficult to find swim faster than the rest and are smaller than the rest. I caught two of the cranky fish in the commons by accident when I first started to fish and now need to catch them for my other wizards. However, each time I use my spell to see the schools and see the ice and catch all the ice in the pond I never see a small ice fish that is fast, and obviously haven't caught the cranky fish when i catch all the ice fish in the pond. Anyone have any pointers on this fish? Any help would be great!
Try training the Summon Fish spell in Grizzleheim. It's rank 6 and costs 10 energy but it's sometimes worth it. I caught a Boss Hog (Epic Fish) in Savarstaad Pass after one try using it.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Sounds like you're doing it right. The Cranky Catfish is a rare fish so it's not going to be there all the time. It's likely going to take a lot of patience using Reveal Fish School and Summon Fish until you finally find one.

And sometimes it's not the smallest fish, but you're right, it will be the fastest. The one thing I like about this fish is that only the Icecudas are in the part of the lake the Cranky Catfish is in. If the Frost Dekois were there as well, it would be as hard to track down the CC as it is things like the Krokotopian Eel or Errol Flynn because its speed is very close to the Dekois' speed.

One thing I noticed with some of these rare fish is their size dictates their speed as well. The Small Fry Cranky Catfish I caught was quite fast, while the regular keepers were just faster. The Whopper was still fast, but not as fast as the other two sizes.

Something else I noticed though where rare fish characteristics are different is the Jellyfish. When it comes to speed they're often the slowest fish in the pond, slower than 'cudas. Kind of like the Vampire Squid. That thing is almost standing still.