Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss Hog

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
According to Wiki and Duelist, the Boss Hog fish is Storm, and found only in Savarstaard Pass. There's only one source of water in Savarstaard Pass-the large lake with the dock across from the fist NPCs you encounter. In the six times I have visited this lake, and cast the spell to reveal all fish schools, there has not been one Storm fish in the lake. Death, fire, a few ice, and balance only. So, my question is: Where's the Boss Hog fish? Granted, it's been awhile since I ran Savarstaard Pass, but I just did a quick tour, and as far as I can see, that lake is the only location where fish can be found.

Given that there are no more quests after you complete the GH one, all we have left to do is try and catch rare or epic fish for the first time, in order to gain XP. And it's a tad confusing when every site states this fish is Storm, and is only found in one place, but that one place never contains any Storm fish.

Has anyone caught a Boss Hog fish in a different location, or found it in that lake? I appreciate any info people have on this.

Thanks!

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Hi, although i am not too sure myself about all the location for Boss hog.. i did see a Storm fish in that lake when i was only going for Bearacuda (storm got away when I randomly cast it, not using Reveal All at the time so I didn't know). I am on the mission to catch the Boss for my collection, good luck on yours also!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Boss Hog is a rare fish, so it won't always be available in a school. Also, I haven't searched all of Savarstaad Pass, but in other areas some dungeons have fishing spots that have higher instances of rare fish.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Scrillas on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Hi, although i am not too sure myself about all the location for Boss hog.. i did see a Storm fish in that lake when i was only going for Bearacuda (storm got away when I randomly cast it, not using Reveal All at the time so I didn't know). I am on the mission to catch the Boss for my collection, good luck on yours also!
I guess we just keep trying! Thanks for the info. :D

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Snee432 on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
I guess we just keep trying! Thanks for the info. :D
Hey i can confirm that it is there, caught mines last night. I bid you luck if you have not gotten it yet, just use reveal all and its easiest that way. Happy fishing!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Scrillas on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Hey i can confirm that it is there, caught mines last night. I bid you luck if you have not gotten it yet, just use reveal all and its easiest that way. Happy fishing!
That's awesome! Major congrats to you. Gotta think happy fish thoughts, I guess.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Snee432 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
That's awesome! Major congrats to you. Gotta think happy fish thoughts, I guess.
Thanks :) my only small advice for you is to just mark that pond location and come check back once awhile with reveal all fish school, don't try to switch realms/refresh location a lot or it will cause some bug to make fishing harder to catch (Professor mention this topic earlier in another thread)

Happy thoughts will get happy results :D hope you got yours already/soon