Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Benefits of Fishing?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
I don’t really see the need to fish other then for some quick and easy gold. What are other reasons I should start fishing?

Survivor
Oct 31, 2012
you can get good fish for gold, fish up chests to get pets or mounts, enter your fish in tournaments ect. many fun things can be done

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
GOLD

In chests--gold,reagents, possible a wand, a pet, or a mount

Certain fish are needed for crafting like making tapestries for quicker access to other areas.

Fish tournaments weekly.

Extra gold for the fish of the day.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Fish are used to craft teleportation tapestries and some pet snacks. At level 125, you'll need to do some fishing in order to craft the Revered Want, which gives extra energy (and fishing luck). This wand is most useful to those who garden, fish, or train pets (and/or any combination thereof) and who therefore would like more energy.

Fishing chests may contain extremely rare and unusual gear, housing items and/or pets. Retired code wands are available from fishing chests you find in Zafaria's Elephant Graveyard, for example. In Avalon, you can find rare paintings, trees or other unusual housing decorations not available anywhere else in the game.

Catching chests and selling the fish you catch can bring in quite a lot of gold, though at the expense of energy you otherwise might have used for gardening or pet training.

Fishing is also completely optional. I have one or two wizards who do the fishing for crafting and decorating purposes, and the rest don't bother.

Alia Misthaven

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If you are a badge collector/achievement hunter, you will need to do fishing to obtain those badges. Also, certain crafting recipes require fish for their ingredients.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I like fishing for the crafting but most of all I liked the sense of achievement of catching them all, using them to craft aquariums then displaying them. I've also had some really lovely drops from the fishing chests - pets, mounts, tapestries, housing items, wands etc.