Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Armored Guards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I really don't know h ow we are supposed to catch an amored guard fish in Dragonspyre without being able to purchace the spell???? Can anyone help me with this. How am I supposed to catcha fish with these amored guards in the area either???? help, anyone?

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Alexis WindSong on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
I really don't know h ow we are supposed to catch an amored guard fish in Dragonspyre without being able to purchace the spell???? Can anyone help me with this. How am I supposed to catcha fish with these amored guards in the area either???? help, anyone?
You either wait until they're far enough away, or you catch them.

To catch them, if you don't know how, they're not the same as a regular fish. When they bite your lure, you hit the space bar almost instantly on the first sound. Also throw the lure out far away from any other fish so that they don't grab it before the sentinel does.

Aside from catching them, I have a few strategies that can be used independently of or in conjunction with one another.

If a sentinel is too close, I'll throw the lure out and let it bite, and just wait until it goes away. If you don't try to catch it, it won't cost you any energy. They'll just steal the lure and re-spawn somewhere else. I'll do this until they've spawned far enough away for me to catch the fish I'm after.

If it's a pond I can wade into, like Baobab Crossroads, I'll just walk up to the sentinels and scare them away, again like above to try and have them re-spawn far enough away that I have time to catch the fish I'm after.

I'll also use Charm Fish and Slow Fish as well, particularly in Dragonspyre with the large ponds and a very limited area from where you can cast. From there you just do what's necessary. If the sentinels get close, use the first strategy. Once the fish in the pond are slowed, the sentinels usually spawn far enough away that you don't need to worry about them. But even if they spawn nearby, often you've got enough time to catch a fish before they can get to your lure.