Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquarium sets

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Do you have to have an aquarium set from the crown shop to ultimately progress in Lucky Hookline's quests?

Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
No you don't need the aquarium sets to complete his quest. What I don't like is that you have to buy aquariums in sets of 3. I mostly need the regular keeper aquarium. Crafting the amount I need for my fish collection would take forever as each one needs 10 treant fish to craft. Buying the set, just to get 2 tanks I don't need is wasteful and costly.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
glowstorm13 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Do you have to have an aquarium set from the crown shop to ultimately progress in Lucky Hookline's quests?

Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary
I do and I bought a aquarium set and I bought the large one but how do I put my fish in there. I caught a lot of fish and when I go to put them in they don't show in my fish basket So how do I put my fish in the aquarium?
-JelliBeans603

No you don't need an aquariums to finish the fishing quests or to catch fish. They are only for displaying fish in your house.

Also, in Northguard there are recipes to craft all of the aquariums.

Arthur

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
JelliBeans603 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I do and I bought a aquarium set and I bought the large one but how do I put my fish in there. I caught a lot of fish and when I go to put them in they don't show in my fish basket So how do I put my fish in the aquarium?
-JelliBeans603
I second this question. I caught a Whopper Owl-Eyed Pike in Olde Town and got so excited with it that I went and crafted a Regular Whopper Aquarium but I can't seem to find any way to put the fish inside it. Can anyone shed some light on this feature?

Edit: I just figured it out. When you place the Aquarium, click on it again as if you were going to pick it up and move it, and there will be a fish icon that will let you place fish from your inventory inside it. I currently don't know how to remove the fish.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
click into housing items, set the tank where you want it, then click the tank a second time, and above the arrows to rotate the aquarium you should see a little fishie icon. Click that and choose the fish you want in the tank, then click the little fishie with the + sign to load the tank!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I third the question. I got a whopper tank in a chest I caught in GH, and I have a fish to put in it. I've read everything, clicked everything, checked every icon and I just can't figure this out. Gaaaa! Where's the tarter sauce?!!

Morgan Moonstone

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Oh, wait, I figured it out!! okay:

1. Click on "place objects" icon.
2. Click on the aquarium. (you must do #1 first)
3. You will get a little fish icon. Click on this.
4. Your choice of fish that will fit in this tank will open up in spell book form
5. Choose your fish and click the little fish icon with the plus sign at the bottom of the page.

Whew!

Morgan Moonstone

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
jonathan dragonhea... on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I second this question. I caught a Whopper Owl-Eyed Pike in Olde Town and got so excited with it that I went and crafted a Regular Whopper Aquarium but I can't seem to find any way to put the fish inside it. Can anyone shed some light on this feature?

Edit: I just figured it out. When you place the Aquarium, click on it again as if you were going to pick it up and move it, and there will be a fish icon that will let you place fish from your inventory inside it. I currently don't know how to remove the fish.
I've had same problem, is there a spell I need?

Click the Place Object button at your house, then click on the aquarium. Click on the Select Fish button. The fish must be the right size and type for the aquarium.

Arthur

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
jonathan dragonhea... on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:

I also caught one of those but not in olde town.
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
May 27, 2010
IDK what I am missing, I bought one tank set from the crown shop that i could not even use. What exactly are Keeper fish? I have lots that say they are Keepers, yet i cannot place them in the tank.
I did get the regular set and can use those, however i can only place one fish per tank? Could you please give a list of fish that goes into each set Did i waste money on a tank set that I cannot use?

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
I don't know how to put fish in my whopper tank. I click on fish basket but none of my fish shows up.I don't know if it a bug in it or i,m doing something wrong please help. I tried what you guys and gals said on your posts but it doesn't seem to work.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
I bought the large set from crown shop and none of my fish show up as fitting. I have fish from 9 to 26 inches something should fit in the large tanks! Not nice to buy tanks and can't put fish in them. My 9 inch fish should fit in any tank that has enough room, I would think a large should work. Tome says need regular tank or tall tank ect but there are different sizes of those. Tanks need to be more flexible as to what you can put in them.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
caw51 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
I bought the large set from crown shop and none of my fish show up as fitting. I have fish from 9 to 26 inches something should fit in the large tanks! Not nice to buy tanks and can't put fish in them. My 9 inch fish should fit in any tank that has enough room, I would think a large should work. Tome says need regular tank or tall tank ect but there are different sizes of those. Tanks need to be more flexible as to what you can put in them.
Different fish go into different tanks. Most fish go into "regular" tanks. Some fish, such as the sun ray, require a "large" tank due to their size (the average sun ray I've caught is about 45-47 inches, not a whopper). And some (I haven't caught any of these yet) require a "tall" tank. You can't put a "regular" fish into a tall or large tank, nor a large into a tall or regular, nor a tall into a large or regular. To see what tank a fish requires, go to your Angler's Tome, select the type of fish, and hover your mouse over the icon in the lower right of the image, and it will tell you what tank you can put it in.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I'm not bothering with aquariums as it seems a totally arbitrary and confusing set of terminology involved (regular tall whopper keeper small fry). I looked at the options and thought "It's not worth trying to figure it out just to put a single fish in a tank".

Survivor
May 14, 2012
Really? only one fish in each aquarium? Do you know how many aquariums are going to be needed to save your fish? You will have no room for anything else at your home. I was enjoying the fishing till I found this out. Now I see no use in collecting fish to fill my back pack and not be able to place them anywhere due to the furniture and pets I also want at my home. Your new fishing is not worth it,and I find it very disappointing at this time since I am not a farmer I was hoping I could collect the fish more.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
This fishing is so not worth it. One fish per tank? No decorations at all? Seriously? So we can spend money on elixirs and energy to catch fish but no have way to display more than one at time. What are we supposed to do have a house full of fish tanks with one fish per tank? How ridiculous is this? KI you should have put more thought and work into this hobby before releasing it. As it is set up, we'd have to remove everything in our homes to display fish! No one is going to do this fishing seriously until and unless we can create beautiful fish tanks. Its a total waste of time and money. And please remove the duplicate aquariums in these fishing packs! Its confusing and wasteful. I just find this hobby a total waste. The fishing part is fun but the rest is a total bust in my opinion. If you're going to do packs for fishing, do some for decorations and stop trying to trick people into buying unnecessary stuff. Please make this worthwhile.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
I think it would be cool to mount fish on the wall,

So the crafting could be like 5 mistwood, and 1 scrap iron and you could put them up as wall hangings instead of fish tanks

Kingsisle should really do it!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I really hope they make an aquarium that can hold more than one fish... or what would be really cool is if they made an underwater house you can buy that your fish can swim around freely in, just like how you can place pets in houses.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Grace Bear2 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
I really hope they make an aquarium that can hold more than one fish... or what would be really cool is if they made an underwater house you can buy that your fish can swim around freely in, just like how you can place pets in houses.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/housing-item-mystical-aquarium-8ad6a41647ceac1d0147ecf8e07c2d46

That's my suggestion too.