Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amazing Chest Loot!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2014
Fishing is worth trying & fun!

I tried it today and gotten couple random treasure chests instead of fishes, and one of the chest contained something amazing! It was a 'Lil Siren' pet which may be dropped by one certain boss or bought in the Crown store for 5,000. Although there may be other more epic loot soon to be discovered in these chests, but the excitement is real for fishing!

Good job KL :) Also loving the idea of having fish tanks for display, turned my decoration ideas skyrocketing... just wished I had more room in my place, almost maxed with the elixir :P increase please!

If anyone want to post their epic loot, please do so :D

*Btw first few fishing quest, after you complete it you will get a energy refill. So fish till you empty and turn it in*

Wolf DarkShade 87 Death

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I got 1 thousand gold it saved me a lot of time btw it was in wizard city I think it was day

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Congratulations! My best loot is 1000 or so gold.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 42 PyromancerWorld: Mooshu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep "I'm back!"

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
I got reageants gold i cant rember the therrd thing but who cares abote that. oh and waht in the world you got a pet what lvl is it?

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Scrillas on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:

I tried it today and gotten couple random treasure chests instead of fishes, and one of the chest contained something amazing! It was a 'Lil Siren' pet which may be dropped by one certain boss or bought in the Crown store for 5,000. Although there may be other more epic loot soon to be discovered in these chests, but the excitement is real for fishing!

Good job KL :) Also loving the idea of having fish tanks for display, turned my decoration ideas skyrocketing... just wished I had more room in my place, almost maxed with the elixir :P increase please!

*Btw first few fishing quest, after you complete it you will get a energy refill. So fish till you empty and turn it in*

Wolf DarkShade 87 Death
Where did you find the treasure chest?

Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
I must say I was skeptical until i used a minor flame lure in the biggest pool in northguard and got a toaddle pet!!!!!!

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Explorer
May 08, 2014
glowstorm13 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
Where did you find the treasure chest?

Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary
The treasure chest can be found randomly ANYWHERE, all on luck.

Recently I been getting a lot of TANKS which is AWESOME cause it beats spending or crafting for them... only wished we can get more KEEPER tanks in the packs (like x3 regular keepers for price of XX amount, instead of the different sizes)

Some updated loot found:

Regular Keeper tank
Large Whopper tank
Small Fry tank
Wetland pet (forgot name)

Explorer
May 08, 2014
beastmaster202 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
I must say I was skeptical until i used a minor flame lure in the biggest pool in northguard and got a toaddle pet!!!!!!
That is lucky! Toaddle was my first pet buddy i took from the beginning of the game (1st try Pet Pack) i hope to see more people getting Toaddle so i may have more chances of breeding :P Thanks KL for all the awesome loots, exciting to try catch or reel the epics

Explorer
May 08, 2014
rp50000 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I got reageants gold i cant rember the therrd thing but who cares abote that. oh and waht in the world you got a pet what lvl is it?
It was a baby pet Lil Siren :) she guards my Fishing Tank room now hehe

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
I just obtained a chest with 1600 gold, a reagent, and a pair of decent boots.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I got a Tall Keeper Aquarium and a Baby Spinyfish pet plus snacks cards reagents gold etc. And I still haven't finished the WIzard City Initial Quest....can't catch the elusive catlike Catfish.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
In one chest i got an aquarium, a crown item. I have had numerous drops of rings and wands that i feed to my pet as i get a lot, last count i had was 19 chests, also, do not rule out Mirkim Keep (spelling) in Grizz H i got some good storm fish from that huge pond, ran out of energy but mark the place to return. The storm and fire seem to work best there so far. If trying to level up those fish will add XP to you.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
My friend received 2 pets (2 different chests). She got a Lil' siren and a spinyfish!!!! I got 2000 gold lol

Survivor
Jun 16, 2014
Scrillas on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:

Wolf DarkShade 87 Death
where did you get the chest?i want to try my luck at that place i`m guessing you got it at a pond in grizzlehiem or at trition avenue those are the only places i know that have crazy amounts of storm fish/chests and i guess you got the storm pet lil` siren from a storm chest

Jonathan Windgarden (i`m life and death cuz` i`m a life wizard that learns death spells too)

Survivor
Feb 06, 2013
awwww I wanna lil siren lol not that her spell is better than the regular sirens spell. she is just so cute...moving on now lol I got a wetland hunter and a baby wand collection.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
valdushawkflame on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
I got a Tall Keeper Aquarium and a Baby Spinyfish pet plus snacks cards reagents gold etc. And I still haven't finished the WIzard City Initial Quest....can't catch the elusive catlike Catfish.
Hey good loots! If you think catching that catfish was hard wait till you try go for Grumpy Catfish, that is epic type. Good luck on your fishing journey!

Explorer
May 08, 2014
2x4 two step on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
In one chest i got an aquarium, a crown item. I have had numerous drops of rings and wands that i feed to my pet as i get a lot, last count i had was 19 chests, also, do not rule out Mirkim Keep (spelling) in Grizz H i got some good storm fish from that huge pond, ran out of energy but mark the place to return. The storm and fire seem to work best there so far. If trying to level up those fish will add XP to you.
Ya i love places that has a epic/rare fish that is the only school in the pond... makes using Reveal All Fish skill worth the time :)

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Jonathan Skygarden on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
where did you get the chest?i want to try my luck at that place i`m guessing you got it at a pond in grizzlehiem or at trition avenue those are the only places i know that have crazy amounts of storm fish/chests and i guess you got the storm pet lil` siren from a storm chest

Jonathan Windgarden (i`m life and death cuz` i`m a life wizard that learns death spells too)
Chests are randomly acquired ANYWHERE that you can currently fish and I am not too sure if certain school of fish drops certain drops... still new also :) hope someone can confirm this later on when more updates are made to fishing system :) good luck friend

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Just hatch with someone if you want a lil siren that badly, though I only got some low level gear ...

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
I kept farming nightshade for the watchtower boots, chest gave em to me! Love the chests so much, great way to get the gear and other things you need

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Scrillas on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
Hey good loots! If you think catching that catfish was hard wait till you try go for Grumpy Catfish, that is epic type. Good luck on your fishing journey!
I was trying for the cranky catfish, thinking i would get an icecuda instead since it's ice. first try, i caught it :D

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
WAIT, you can get pets and tanks from the chests!?!??!??! That's it I'm going fishing right now