Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Wolf Warrior Rework

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
Currently in both regular Beastmoon and Monster Mayhem, the Storm Wolf is the champion, topping all the tier lists and overall being much stronger than it needs to be. Out of the entire Storm Wolf deck, only 2 of the cards are weak, with the rest being strong, and for a Large form, it's just way too much. Obviously, the main problem is the 1-pip stun card, which gives a free 50 damage with that stun. Storm Rat, which is a much squishier form, also has a 1-pip stun, but it deals no damage (and only leaves a +50 trap if they have another trap already.) On top of that, the Storm Wolf has a 0-pip DoT removal blade, a 2-for-200 hit, a 300 damage hit, and 2 more blades, including a 1 pip 100 blade (which is actually pretty balanced) and a 200 damage blade that gives a bonus blade IF THEY ALREADY HAVE ONE. On TOP of ALL THAT, the Storm Wolf has a 3-pip AoE that removes a DoT from everyone, as well as a 4-pip AoE that has a very easy trigger condition. It's just ridiculous.

The Storm Wolf is, in my opinion, beyond the point where a nerf can balance it out, in my opinion the Storm Wolf's current deck needs to be thrown away. Being a tank storm form, I think the Storm Wolf should become more of a support character that can quickly and easily blade all their comrades, but I'm sure there are better ideas out there. Still, even if that doesn't happen, the Storm Wolf has been the most powerful form since day 1, and it baffles me that Myth Draconian got nerfed while it got a health buff and nothing else. Please, scrap the current deck and remake it into something new, because currently Storm Wolf is not fun or fair.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I absolutely agree - especially the opportunity to repeat stun round after round. At the very least put a stun resist on that card, even if it goes away after one round. I have had fights where I got stunned 5 times in a row. Guess it was deck cards combined with TC and a deck that favored the storm wolf.
At least provide the receiver of the stuns an opportunity to take some form of action between repeated stuns.