Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please for the love of the game ban all no chat wizards from beastmoon

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Same text, same meaning, Please for the love of the game ban all NO chat, menu chat wizards
from Beastmoon. Both Hunt and Mayhem.

This is just gotten to be a situation where you see a no chat and your first thought is
'Well this is a loss and a waste of 30 mins of my limited life'.

Every single match that had a menu chat or a no chat has ended in a loss.

Why? Well that is because they can't communicate.

Beastmoon is an event that is ment for being a team. A team that communicates.

Can we use sign language here? No. We can not.
Gonna say it again.

Every match I have ever played with a menu chat or a No chat has been lost because of that person with menu chat or no chat.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
AtomGrounder on Jun 23, 2022 wrote:
Same text, same meaning, Please for the love of the game ban all NO chat, menu chat wizards

This is just gotten to be a situation where you see a no chat and your first thought is

Gonna say it again.

Every match I have ever played with a menu chat or a No chat has been lost because of that person with menu chat or no chat.
My apologies, but I cannot help but think that this opinion is incredibly unfair towards Menu Chat players of the game. Why should they be penalized for the methods in which they communicate, especially if there is good reason for them to have their chat setting (e.g. if they are minors or have had their methods of chat restricted due to inappropriate behavior)?

A communication barrier might be an issue, but if something like this were to happen it would have a negative impact on the community's perception of the game. Different resolutions should be explored.

Defender
May 30, 2010
AtomGrounder on Jun 23, 2022 wrote:

Gonna say it again.

I think that is really unfair just because a one or two people who might not understand the game due to their age or their settings from a parent/guardian who refuses to let them change it. I had played with a few menu chatters and for the most part they know what they are doing. (expect the last one).But I am sorry you had that experience with Menu chatters. Heck even normal chatters have a hard time with the game and do not understand it (usually have tell them to go on YouTube and find a guide).

Two things could possible help these people. 1 manorary turtional. 2. have it so menu chatters can see what normal chatters type and way they can at least said yes or no use the menu chat (cannot see numbers and stuff that open chat can do)

Another thing they could do is make more options for menu chatters in beastmoon.

But I have more problems with people being trolls (people who do not care about winning, people who let the other team wins by go to battle and flee, an entire team leaving, ect.), not understanding what 2v2 or 3v2 mean, and as well go against people who have 6 friends and on the other team is random.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
At least maybe show in the tab option when looking at your players if they are no chat or not menu chat only so it's easier to communicate. We had one match everyone was typing for someone to get to a ring but didn't realize they were menu only... as soon as I menu chatted them they ran right over to help.