Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can you report Beastmoon players for going AFK mid game?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
I have played this recent Monster Mayhem event a lot. So much that I finished the scroll already. With playing the event so often, you come across quite a few players that just don't help at all. People who do 3v2 fights, people who are rude, people who leave you in fights to die, people who don't hit, etc. The worst infraction, in my opinion, however is when someone goes AFK in the spawn room, especially after they lose their favorite form. Whenever I see someone spinning in the spawn room, I report them for it since it ruins the match for the rest of the team, however I would like to know: is this allowed? I don't want to get banned for false reporting people, but just the fact that one selfish person can ruin the entire match for everyone else and still get some points just doesn't seem fair in the slightest to the other 5 who now have to do extra work to make up for dead weight. Thanks in advance!

Oran Moonblade, 140
Dylan Stormtalon, 140
Alejandro Hexcaster, 98
Logan Sandforge, 70
Tarlac Wyrmbane, 41

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
It may be difficult to tell why someone is AFK. Certainly, if they say "I didn't get Storm Wolf, I'm leaving," then you know. But if they don't say anything, how do you know if: (1) they left intentionally because something didn't go their way; (2) they had a computer glitch and left involuntarily (I've had a couple of times where it froze on the loading screen and I never got into base); (3) they left intentionally, but for a reason such as a crying child in the house; or (4) they left intentionally because they want to throw the game? I've also seen a few times where someone leaves because they are being harassed by a toxic player.

I'll leave it to KI to answer if reporting any misbehavior in Beastmoon could be considered false reporting, although I doubt it would be if you are truthful and factual about what happened. I think it is probably false reporting only if you report someone for something they didn't do. I'm just not sure that KI would be able to determine in most cases if there is any violation by the player reported.

With regard to some of the other issues, I think a lot of that is due to newbies not knowing what to do. In that case, the more experienced players should be explaining what to do or why what the newbie did was a mistake. For example, I see a lot of 2x2 comments at the beginning, but little coordination as to who is going where. I also see criticism, but not constructive criticism. I do sometimes see, as you do, conduct that appears designed to lose, such as a game yesterday where four of us were in the spiral, another guy was trying to get us blades and was repeatedly calling for help from the sixth guy, who was wandering around aimlessly (he wasn't looking for time clam, since that had already been found).

Also, players who don't have access to the text chat (or those whose native language is not English) may not even see or understand what they are being asked to do.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2016
My thought exactly, Angus. I know it is extremely frustrating when it says "missing", but you can't rule out a computer issue. I know I was playing one time and I lost connection when the power flickered during a thunderstorm.

Defender
May 27, 2013
Sorry for sounding like a noob, but what does AFK stand for? Is it MIA, but ruder? I'm not good at keeping up on lingo.

It doesn't happen often, but I have been disconnected due to connection outages. By the time I get back in, combat is over.

Developer
I do know how frustrating it is when someone is missing or AFK in Beastmoon events. I have personally lost connection in a Beastmoon Mayhem event. It really stinks because we were in the 3rd wave boss fight. I missed out on all the rewards for the time spent and may have cost the team victory.