Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Hunt Tiering Up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2017
I’m trying to tier up my characters: storm wolf, fire elf and colossus. This takes a lot of time, effort and ‘lunari’. Meanwhile, Kingsisle has come up with new characters which can kill my characters in one shot. Death Cyclops takes away wolf’s blades and can go through Collossus’s shields. The shield minion instead went to Minotaur rather than Collossus. It feels a bit frustrating when you put so much effort into these characters when new ones come long which are stronger. I’m persevering with my three characters, but others may grow disillusioned. I am.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I actually think most of the new forms remain balanced, it's simply a learning curve. My main form is the Storm wolf and it is still very competitive with most of the newer forms. Timing and knowing your opponent's potential are the keys to making the best of any matchup.

Ofc, choosing your matchup is important as well. Playing as an Ice colossus I would never try to go up against myth minotaur or fire elf knowing their potential. Sometimes unfavorable match ups are unavoidable but can still be winnable or close if you know how to utilize the rotating turn system to your advantage.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2017
Thank you, Eric, for your helpful comment. Makes me feel a little better.