Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are the followers in Empyrea awful

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
I swear all of the followers in this world are awful they give so little that it wouldn't make a difference. I miss our mouse friend from Khrysalis.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
i dont like the followers anywhere, very annoying

Survivor
Apr 18, 2014
dont say bad thing about the game its a very good game

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
logan12345678909 on Jan 25, 2019 wrote:
dont say bad thing about the game its a very good game
I'm not the companions in every world get weaker and weaker like Ivan is weaker than the mouse and Khan is pathetically weaker than Ivan with a mere 3% damage buff.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
me i don't really care. but i think they should stay the same as the mouse "companions".

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
They should be more like Abbas!

Ok, now to be more serious: Having incredibly strong followers like Dyvim Whitehart back in Khrysalis (or maybe not as strong, but still significantly more impactful than a 3% boost to one stat) to help people quest through the world would be pretty nice. The more significant stat boosts would allow for worlds to be more difficult without turning away players for being too difficult. Well, unless they actually do make it too difficult. This is only a solution to general world difficulty though. One of the largest sources of "It's too hard!" for the past several years comes from the final bosses of recent worlds, and followers aren't going to be that much of a help with those situations. Sure, they'd be nice, but you're still going to struggle.

An idea I had, like just now, would be to give followers Item Cards that would be really nice for whatever tough boss you're about to go up against. Like Shadow Shield, Legion Shield, and maybe even Bad Juju for the Storm Titan boss. Or maybe they can be creative about it and give the followers cards that don't exist elsewhere. I think that that might be a whole lot more useful than a damage boost.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The ones in Empyrea are the way they are because of difficulty.

It adds a bit more to the difficulty of the world forcing you to rely more on yourself, techniques and gear rather than your companion's.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Edward on Jan 27, 2019 wrote:
The ones in Empyrea are the way they are because of difficulty.

It adds a bit more to the difficulty of the world forcing you to rely more on yourself, techniques and gear rather than your companion's.

And KI could do the same thing by NOT giving followers at all. If they give followers for a dungeon then let them be useful and not weak or pathetic!