Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for Changing Titan's Trident

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
  • Prevent Titan's Trident from gaining Pips or Shadow Pips during the three turns it is "out of bounds." This will help prevent potential situations where the Titan can potentially jump out of the ring only a few turns after it's jumped back in.
  • Convert all of the Titan's Trident's cheat spells to damage. The fact that all of his highly damaging cheats are makes them incredibly difficult to prepare for, let alone counter if you aren't lucky enough to be a Necromancer with Bad Juju, a Pyromancer with Efreet, or someone who's burned through a billion Crowns just to get their hands on the full Jade set from Keeper's Lore. Having the cheats do damage in a school ALL schools of magic can prepare for, either by stacking Storm Resistance or by training Storm Shields, makes the fight far more approachable and, while still challenging, much easier for those who take the time to prepare to counter a GOD OF STORM MAGIC.
  • Make the cheat Bubble Titan's Trident casts at the beginning of the battle dispel-able with Unbalance once more; HOWEVER, have it so that the Trident will re-cast it at the beginning of each "phase."
  • Make Pure Aethyr a near-guaranteed drop. The idea of having Crafting options for ultimate gear, while fantastic, becomes moot when considering that the crucial reagent to craft it drops even more rarely from the Titan's Trident than gear itself.

Hopefully some of the folks at Kingsisle see this and implement these changes to some degree!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
SpiralChan on Nov 16, 2018 wrote:
  • Prevent Titan's Trident from gaining Pips or Shadow Pips during the three turns it is "out of bounds." This will help prevent potential situations where the Titan can potentially jump out of the ring only a few turns after it's jumped back in.
  • Convert all of the Titan's Trident's cheat spells to damage. The fact that all of his highly damaging cheats are makes them incredibly difficult to prepare for, let alone counter if you aren't lucky enough to be a Necromancer with Bad Juju, a Pyromancer with Efreet, or someone who's burned through a billion Crowns just to get their hands on the full Jade set from Keeper's Lore. Having the cheats do damage in a school ALL schools of magic can prepare for, either by stacking Storm Resistance or by training Storm Shields, makes the fight far more approachable and, while still challenging, much easier for those who take the time to prepare to counter a GOD OF STORM MAGIC.
  • Make the cheat Bubble Titan's Trident casts at the beginning of the battle dispel-able with Unbalance once more; HOWEVER, have it so that the Trident will re-cast it at the beginning of each "phase."
  • Make Pure Aethyr a near-guaranteed drop. The idea of having Crafting options for ultimate gear, while fantastic, becomes moot when considering that the crucial reagent to craft it drops even more rarely from the Titan's Trident than gear itself.

Hopefully some of the folks at Kingsisle see this and implement these changes to some degree!
Agreed. I have gone in there on two different wizards. one being my storm, and the other being my ice. On my ice, it took me finding a life wizard who had gone through great lengths of spamming heals, a storm who had him and a fire blading him, and me shielding constantly, and healing others with life mastery when I needed. The fact that it took that along with near perfect circumstances, treasure cards galore, and having close to the best gear possible on everyone, is too much. It also took a couple times of restarting the match before that team won. I have yet to defeat the trident on my storm because the amount of damage in the cheats, the frequency of the cheats, and how good my team is. I'm also a casual player. I want to have fun. The trident battle over all is too much stress, finding a team, and battling. Going back to the Medulla battle after it had been nerfed, was much more fun, while still being challenging. However, coming to this battle, I wanted to be able to be challenged more, but still have fun. I don't feel that the battle is ready to be in live realm. I think that the cheats need to be balanced out in a way that is proportional to the average wizard who might not have the best gear in game, or the best pet. I've had times where I get so angry because the battle isn't approachable enough. Half of the spells in the battle are shadow spells. and most people have little way of shielding against that. Along with the cheats dealing damage that can kill instantly without enough shielding. The least that I ask is turn the cheats into a form of cycle. As the cheats seem chaotic and not thought out. For example, every 10 rounds, make titan swipe the trident. And every 10 rounds after the 5th round, make him use laser eyes, and then do the fist-crush as normal (randomly). This way people can expect it to happen and prepare. And make all his other spells normal storm spells so people can prepare properly.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009

I'm sorry, since when was my name SpiralChan?

Survivor
Sep 17, 2014

Also nerf the 1 million hp since its stupidly too high and the nerfing of healing the Titan from the stream since its not fair and frankly my Wizard can't prepare on the attacks, thus I agree with you on all those points, ergo, I gave up on the quest until changes occur in the game.