Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Typical Dragonspyre complaints :/

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I've just started Dragonspyre yesterday and honestly this is my 4th time going through this world but I still seem to have so much complaints . From yesterday to today I've completed about more than halfway of the world (sidequests included) and I find it extremely annoying and difficult to progress. First the enemies are higher health, which is perfectly normal but it's very annoying when you have to fight a bunch of them in these tower dungeons which is another thing that w101 loves to abuse (during the time of the world release of course). Second the enemies keep spamming weakness which throws off my perfectly arranged combos, and finally the experience payout isn't that good. I'm noticing about an extra 500 exp from mooshu's payout (2000 exp). This makes it excruciating to level up . So put it all together, and you got a world full of annoying labor! I know that Dragonspyre is already old news but I just wanted to put my opinion out there.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Ryan Fireflame on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
I've just started Dragonspyre yesterday and honestly this is my 4th time going through this world but I still seem to have so much complaints . From yesterday to today I've completed about more than halfway of the world (sidequests included) and I find it extremely annoying and difficult to progress. First the enemies are higher health, which is perfectly normal but it's very annoying when you have to fight a bunch of them in these tower dungeons which is another thing that w101 loves to abuse (during the time of the world release of course). Second the enemies keep spamming weakness which throws off my perfectly arranged combos, and finally the experience payout isn't that good. I'm noticing about an extra 500 exp from mooshu's payout (2000 exp). This makes it excruciating to level up . So put it all together, and you got a world full of annoying labor! I know that Dragonspyre is already old news but I just wanted to put my opinion out there.
The only thing I hate about Dragonspyre is the spell; weakness. I agree is does get annoying. My question to you is how would you like Dragonspyre to be so it's more enjoyable too you?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My least favorite world - Dragonspyre. I dread it. I have 12 wizards. Most have gone through already.

I've gotten to the point where I don't do all the quests. I stick to main quests and it gets me past the most obnoxious sections of drudgery. I have only one or two wizards that do everything. The rest skip the side quests.

:)

Brynn

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
My least favorite world - Dragonspyre. I dread it. I have 12 wizards. Most have gone through already.

I've gotten to the point where I don't do all the quests. I stick to main quests and it gets me past the most obnoxious sections of drudgery. I have only one or two wizards that do everything. The rest skip the side quests.

:)

Brynn
My only dislike for Dragonspyre is the aesthetics, all that red and black was really hurting my eyes and the horrible, discordant music!

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
anecorbie on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
My only dislike for Dragonspyre is the aesthetics, all that red and black was really hurting my eyes and the horrible, discordant music!
I agree! Dragonspyre was rough the first time around, but its better once you are more familiar with game mechanics. Pick up cleanse charm from the Bazaar and put it in your side deck. Try to go in with a minimal deck to avoid shuffling for the right cards. Some of those dungeons can be annoyingly long, but its not that bad if you team up for those. I think the game is much harder right after Dragonspyre when you first start off Celestia/Wintertusk up until you gain better gear.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree with about the music. I feel It's to rough sounding.

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
As a wizard who is in Celestia, I understand. I find it easier if you have some other friends with you. If you like it solo, try some of Grizzleheim for practice. And for some encouragement, Celestia is cool, you get astral magic, and you get some extra xp! DS is one of my least favorite worlds, especialy when you get to Malistaire! But I feel your pain !

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Aww, remember though this was the Final Boss way back when. When level 50 was max.

You guys sound a little harsh on it; how about some nostalgia

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I do agree that the asthetics need a bit of updating in DS. I do not like the color red anyway, but that mixed with the purple and other darker colors gets a bit monotonous since DS is a long world