Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Timeline?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
This was probably explained somewhere in the game, but how long before the start of the game was the attack on DragonSpyre?
The main reason I want to know is for a little information on my character's back story. He was born into a prominent family in DragonSpyre and brought up as a student. He came to Wizard City for some extra studying before his final exam, but messed up a sleeping spell, causing him to not only sleep through his exam, but also not be awoken by the Headmaster until long after DragonSpyre was destroyed.
That said, how long was I asleep?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
...Spoilers...

Sometimes there are optional side dungeons in various worlds that are based on Dr. Who. You'll find red police call boxes in places like Wizard City (by the Bazaar), Marleybone, Mooshu, Zafaria, etc. In one of those quests, you go back in time to where Cyrus Drake and his brother, Malistaire, are students. Dragonspyre is very much intact at that point.

We don't know how old professor Drake is or how quickly he ages, but he looked to be in his late teens in that past quest. Since he seems to be middle aged now, that gives a range of somewhere between 20-40 years since he was a student at Dragonspyre Academy and we know for sure it was intact then.

Some of the actual storyline in Dragonspyre suggests that Malistaire himself is the one who caused the Dragon Titan to attack, when he tried to force it to revive his wife, Sylvia. If that's the case, then the attack that destroyed Dragonspyre might have happened only a few weeks before you began your journey through the Spiral.

Hope that helps!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
Freshta on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
...Spoilers...

Sometimes there are optional side dungeons in various worlds that are based on Dr. Who. You'll find red police call boxes in places like Wizard City (by the Bazaar), Marleybone, Mooshu, Zafaria, etc. In one of those quests, you go back in time to where Cyrus Drake and his brother, Malistaire, are students. Dragonspyre is very much intact at that point.

We don't know how old professor Drake is or how quickly he ages, but he looked to be in his late teens in that past quest. Since he seems to be middle aged now, that gives a range of somewhere between 20-40 years since he was a student at Dragonspyre Academy and we know for sure it was intact then.

Some of the actual storyline in Dragonspyre suggests that Malistaire himself is the one who caused the Dragon Titan to attack, when he tried to force it to revive his wife, Sylvia. If that's the case, then the attack that destroyed Dragonspyre might have happened only a few weeks before you began your journey through the Spiral.

Hope that helps!

Alia Misthaven
Thanks a million! I'm so glad someone replied to my post, and I guess I didn't watch the topic, because I'm only just seeing this.

John Wildweaver