Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm survival guide for Dragonspyre?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
First of all, this is /not/ a complaint- my soul is Storm, and Sestiva (my diviner) is my favourite wizard in my little family of them. But I've never played a Storm wiz before, so I have a few questions for the more-experienced diviners out there.

1. What cards should I put in her deck? Right now, I have:

Katsumori's Deck

2 Legend shield (-70% to Death and Myth)
2 Pixie
2 Spirit Armor
2 Sprite
2 Cleanse Charm
2 Disarm
4 Kraken
2 Lightning Strike
2 Storm Prism
2 Storm Shark
2 Storm Trap
4 Tempest
3 Stormzilla
3 Stormblade
2 Thermic Shield (-70% to Fire and Ice)
4 Triton
1 Wild Bolt
2 Windstorm
1 Elemental Blade
1 Elemental Trap

Sideboard:

4 Surge (wand cards)
Darkwind (+35% to Storm spells)
Feint (given by teen Onyx Shenlong Dragon)

Treasure deck:

Evil Snowman
Dryad
Guiding Light
Pixie
Satyr
Spirit Armor
Sprite (2)
Disarm
Meteor Strike
Thunderbird
Storm Shark
Kraken
Triton
Keen Eyes
Sandstorm
Scorpion
Weakness

-

2. I already have her level 50 gear from Malistaire (my sorcerer farmed for it, but Sestiva is only level 43 and can't wear it yet). If she still can't wear it by the time she gets there, what's the best gear for level 45-49?

Current gear:

Clanker's Premium Cap
(64 max health, 3% Storm accuracy/ 5% Storm damage/8% Storm resist)

Youkai's Vestment
(128 max health, 6% Storm accuracy/11% Storm damage/14% Storm resist)

Fushiko's Sandals
(21 max health, same stats as cap, except 2% Storm accuracy instead of 3)

Cloud Cutter
(121 max health, 102 max mana)

Shadowstorm Jewel
(125 max health, 90 max mana)

TOTAL:
Health: 1545
Mana: 297
Storm damage +21%
Storm resist +30%
Storm accuracy +11%
Power pip chance is 35%.

No critical, block, or incoming heal boost (I don't even think it's possible to get those at her level, without Crowns items- am I wrong?).

-

3. Speaking of Malistaire, how do I keep her alive long enough to hit him? I don't have a mastery amulet, so packing Availing Hands TCs or training Satyr aren't very pip-friendly.

Thanks very much to anyone who can help!

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Sestiva
Master Diviner

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
I am now a lvl 51 storm andi went through the same thing. First you must het better gear or you will never make it. I would suggest getting crowns gear that is cheep or some gear thatyou farm feom you bosses at your lvl. Also get your friends to help because it can still be hard by yourself. Go to partys let them know that you are their friend they will help you more now because they know you really are their friend. Or you could get high lvl friends to help you.
That is how i got through dragonsphere have fun!!!

Hunter Tailthief lvl 51 diviner

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
fredd17 wrote:
I am now a lvl 51 storm andi went through the same thing. First you must het better gear or you will never make it. I would suggest getting crowns gear that is cheep or some gear thatyou farm feom you bosses at your lvl. Also get your friends to help because it can still be hard by yourself. Go to partys let them know that you are their friend they will help you more now because they know you really are their friend. Or you could get high lvl friends to help you.
That is how i got through dragonsphere have fun!!!

Hunter Tailthief lvl 51 diviner

Thank you!

Sestiva made it through most of DS by herself (though she had help with Mavra Flamewing) and actually threw down with Malistaire the other night... once she hit level 45, I found her some better gear and ended up soloing the instance. When I knew I was going to die, I called in a henchman for backup (since it was around midnight my time, none of my friends were online)... and he brought me back to life that round, so I got to keep my pips. :D Then, I destroyed the minions with Tempest and just spammed tritons at him until he croaked. :D

For the win!
El Veeb/S.S.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
For levels 45-49, the gear you need is in the bazaar. It will have pretty much the same stats as your level 50 gear, except without storm resistance.

As for level 50 malistaire gear, that gear is already outdated the moment you get to 50. There is a gear vendor in Wintertusk that sells level 50 gear, that has better stats, critical, accuracy, and damage boost. Even has ring & athame.

As for deck setup, you have way too much in your deck.

1 or 2 Pixie at most
3 Tempest
1 Storm Lord (Treasure cards if you not 48)
2 Storm Blades
2 Elemental Blades
2 or 3 Monstrous Treasure cards

This is deck you need for Mob Battles

For bosses:

1 or 2 Pixie at most
2 Tempest
1 Storm Lord
1 Triton
1 Stormzilla
3 Storm Blades
2 Elemental Blades
3 Monstrous treasure cards

your pet has feint, you can add in 2 shieds of the boss you are facing, but usually, if you blade up and don't waste time, they don't live long enough to hurt you very badly.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
darthjt wrote:
For levels 45-49, the gear you need is in the bazaar. It will have pretty much the same stats as your level 50 gear, except without storm resistance.

As for level 50 malistaire gear, that gear is already outdated the moment you get to 50. There is a gear vendor in Wintertusk that sells level 50 gear, that has better stats, critical, accuracy, and damage boost. Even has ring & athame.

As for deck setup, you have way too much in your deck.

1 or 2 Pixie at most
3 Tempest
1 Storm Lord (Treasure cards if you not 48)
2 Storm Blades
2 Elemental Blades
2 or 3 Monstrous Treasure cards

This is deck you need for Mob Battles

For bosses:

1 or 2 Pixie at most
2 Tempest
1 Storm Lord
1 Triton
1 Stormzilla
3 Storm Blades
2 Elemental Blades
3 Monstrous treasure cards

your pet has feint, you can add in 2 shieds of the boss you are facing, but usually, if you blade up and don't waste time, they don't live long enough to hurt you very badly.

Thanks, JT~ will keep this in mind for Celestia. What deck/gear would you suggest? Sestiva is only level 48, and hasn't done Grizzleheim yet, so I could send one of my other wizards to get it for her...

As for the level 50 gear... my Death wiz is in Wintertusk, but he had his robe from Malistaire until he hit level 56 yesterday, but my Balance wiz did perfectly fine without it. In fact, said sorceress has already taken care of outfitting the entire El Veeb army... so, at least I don't have to farm for it, the way I did for her own level 50 gear(Tunic of Torment, level 76~ I won't forgive him for that, lol).

Anyway, TY for the advice & happy travels!

El Veeb/Val/Sestiva