Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I level up more?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
I'm currently halfway through the Plaza of Conquest, and I was wondering if I should take the time to do some side quests. Here are my stats;

Level: 46
School: Storm
Second school: Life
Health: 2126
Mana: 407
Resist: 4 all
Boost: 10 all
Accuracy: 11 all
Critical: 35
Critical block: 15
Ingoing health: 5
Outgoing: 3

So, should I do some side quests? Or fight the Sea Lord and keep going?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I would keep going, but if you run into a difficult spot, you can always go work on Grizzleheim/Wintertusk to level up. I usually do that after Dragonspyre anyways to get the crafted gear in Wintertusk.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Honestly I would say do every side quest. Celestia is a HUGE change up from Dragonspyre and the best way to be ready for it is to level up as much as possible beforehand. Take it from someone who's done it 4 times.

Good luck

John RavenCatcher - lvl100
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl58
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I would say keep going and after you finish DS, do Grizzleheim and Wintertusk before going to celestia. If you haven't already done Grizzleheim, its not very hard but only gives you a level or two. Wintertusk however is challenging but the experience makes up for that. You could do Wintertusk entirely or just until you reach a level you like.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Exactly how much of a change is it from Dragonspyre to Celestial?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Leviathan 90 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Pretty big. Creatures start doing criticals to you is probably the biggest change. This is why so many people suggest doing Wintertusk to level up and get better gear after Dragonspyre.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Leviathan 90 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Enemies start getting the ability to critical (not often more most MOBS but bosses will toss out one occasionally)

The regular MOBs start using higher rank spells that do a lot of damage quickly. You ain't gonna see a spell less than storm shark in Celestia (and fire and ice start using their versions of storm spells, such as snow shark, fire shark, icezilla, burnzilla, etc.) so your health drops extremely fast. The only exception could be wildbolt. but if it hit's 1,000 on you, well, tough luck

If you don't have a pet that spam heals you, being a storm the goal would be to get out of every battle as soon as possible.

Also, the enemies start following their schools set up more.

What I mean by this is storm enemies will start having much lower health, while Ice will have more.

The plus side to celestia:

enemies ONLY use their school spells (fire will only use fire, death will only use death)

enemies never use shields (apart from balance bosses who shield all schools with spirit and elementals)

this means you don't have to worry about overcoming a shield, AND you can place specific shields into your deck based on the enemies you are fighting (later on you may want to only do this for boss battles but for now you'll probably need them to get by)

hope this helped give you a vague idea at the least of what to expect in Celestia

John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl58
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I am pretty sure you gain 6-8 levels with just the storyline and 10-12 with all the side quests.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Sokad on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Honestly I would say do every side quest. Celestia is a HUGE change up from Dragonspyre and the best way to be ready for it is to level up as much as possible beforehand. Take it from someone who's done it 4 times.

Good luck

John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl58
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Not every side quest, too much, too hard.

Molly did a lot of side quests and it really didn't change the difficulty of Celestia. Maybe that's because she had horrible gear.

-Molly level 90
-Savannah Swifttail 19
Wolf Wildtail 9

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Molly the Balance ... on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Not every side quest, too much, too hard.

Molly did a lot of side quests and it really didn't change the difficulty of Celestia. Maybe that's because she had horrible gear.

-Molly level 90
-Savannah Swifttail 19
Wolf Wildtail 9
I've done every side quest leading up to Celestia 4 times now. Every time, I was about level 54 when i started CL. That is nowhere close to a "safe area" in my opinion.

The safest you can be when questing through celestia is level 56 and be using the wintertusk crafted gear.

My death and my storm have done every quest through khrysalis part 1. My death is already maxed and I'm still doing every quest.

Why? Because I love the game. Sorry if that makes me lame.

-The RavenCatcher

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sokad on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I've done every side quest leading up to Celestia 4 times now. Every time, I was about level 54 when i started CL. That is nowhere close to a "safe area" in my opinion.

The safest you can be when questing through celestia is level 56 and be using the wintertusk crafted gear.

My death and my storm have done every quest through khrysalis part 1. My death is already maxed and I'm still doing every quest.

Why? Because I love the game. Sorry if that makes me lame.

-The RavenCatcher

Quite frankly, there's no need to do any side quests. If you make it through DS by skipping all sides you get to Celestia at level 44 (really it might as well be 45 because you only need to sneeze to get the next level). If you do Celestia enough to get to the Floating Land to get the crafting quest needed for Wintertusk gear, then go to GH and do Wintertusk to the point of getting to the crafter with the recipes, you will be level 56 anyways. Without any sidequests.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
seethe42 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Quite frankly, there's no need to do any side quests. If you make it through DS by skipping all sides you get to Celestia at level 44 (really it might as well be 45 because you only need to sneeze to get the next level). If you do Celestia enough to get to the Floating Land to get the crafting quest needed for Wintertusk gear, then go to GH and do Wintertusk to the point of getting to the crafter with the recipes, you will be level 56 anyways. Without any sidequests.
Hmm I have always just had someone help me port to my crafting quests in advance but I never tried your way. This was only on my death and storm, then i just realized I could craft my characters gear in advance on my death or storm then just transfer it over via the shared bank.

Well whichever anyone prefers, I have done every side quest this game has to offer on my death (still haven't completed part 2 but I'm close! ) but that's just because I enjoy the game.

-The RavenCatcher

Survivor
May 01, 2010
This helped a lot. I think I'll finish Dragonspyre with some side quests, finish Grizzleheim, do Wuntertusk and finish some stray quests in Mooshu before moving onto Celestia.