Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pick up the spare Crystal Storage HELP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
The quest is "Pick Up The Spare" I'm in the third storage locker in the Upper Chasm - the one with the BLUE Crystal on the door that is labeled "Crystal Storage" There seem to be four levels to this tower. Quest Guide arrow is iffy at best but even so...
Level 1 two clockwork defenders/storm @950 each
Level 2 two clockwork defenders/storm @950 each
Level 3 one fire scavenger fire@1010 and one fire avenger fire @955
Level 4 a book case labeled Crystal Storage just beyond the book case a closed gate that will NOT open.

I've done this tower four times thinking it has to be a glitch, I've changed realms within the tower three times. There are no X's to click, the quest guide arrow points in the wrong direction every time so I'm ignoring that. There are no other quests for me in DS at this point, so I can't have missed something.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I've got three other wizards that have made it through DS with no issues. So something is wrong.

I do not believe I'm in the wrong tower. It's the blue one on the right upper chasm, in the vault area.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
I'm having the same issue with this quest, can't get any further without thiis and I'm getting very frustrated. HELP!!!!!!!

Tasha Pixiedust lvl 45 Ice

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I also am having the exact same problem with the Quest. I believe it may be a glitch from the new update...?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
cat0109 wrote:
The quest is "Pick Up The Spare" I'm in the third storage locker in the Upper Chasm - the one with the BLUE Crystal on the door that is labeled "Crystal Storage" There seem to be four levels to this tower. Quest Guide arrow is iffy at best but even so...
Level 1 two clockwork defenders/storm @950 each
Level 2 two clockwork defenders/storm @950 each
Level 3 one fire scavenger fire@1010 and one fire avenger fire @955
Level 4 a book case labeled Crystal Storage just beyond the book case a closed gate that will NOT open.

I've done this tower four times thinking it has to be a glitch, I've changed realms within the tower three times. There are no X's to click, the quest guide arrow points in the wrong direction every time so I'm ignoring that. There are no other quests for me in DS at this point, so I can't have missed something.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I've got three other wizards that have made it through DS with no issues. So something is wrong.

I do not believe I'm in the wrong tower. It's the blue one on the right upper chasm, in the vault area.

You are not doing anything wrong, and you are at the right vault.

I also just tried to do the quest "Pick Up the Spare" just now. I have done this quest many times with my other wizards, so I know that I am at the right vault (the one with the blue crystal on it). When I got to the last room in the dungeon, I could see the crystal storage rack. But I did not get the "x" interactive dialogue box so that I could pick up the crystal. (After you do pick up the crystal, the locked gate behind the storage rack opens and you can leave the dungeon.)

So there is a bug here.

I did send an e-mail to Support@wizard101.com and I included a DxDiag file and a Wizard Client Log file to help them track this bug. Will let you know when I hear from them.

It might help if others can notify Support too.

Administrator
You're not alone - we have flagged this quest as part of our Known Issues here

We are working diligently to get this fixed for everyone, please be patient as we play Whack-a-Bug...

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
You're not alone - we have flagged this quest as part of our Known Issues here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenot ...

We are working diligently to get this fixed for everyone, please be patient as we play Whack-a-Bug...

Note to Prof. Greyrose: when I click on the link in your note, I get an error message saying "the page cannot be found. It may have been moved or no longer exists..."

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks KI I was doing it over and over too. The good thing is that at least I'm getting a bunch of stuff to sell :) I've been meeting people and having a good laugh over it. You guys work very hard and we all know that patience is a virtue.
Sarai lvl 47 diviner

Administrator
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
How long do you think it will take to be fixed? I am anxious to get to Celestia and this is holding me back. Will it be fixed today?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Thank you for fixing this quest problem. I just went back and finished it. No problem.