Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pick up the spare and lose the key

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
We are piling up at pick up the spare quest; it being part of the main story line. it doesnt let you get the crystal from the shelf it is on or continue in the game. I have went in with five other people on that quest in just one realm and none got the crystal. Lose the key quest in the kyanite tower, (side quest) after about three floors dumps you out in front of edrics vault? not even close to it but quest not finished either. Did lose the key three times and pick up the spare eight times. :(

Administrator
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I know it is a bug that came into the game with the edition of Wintertusk, but they need to fix it ASAP.

Its on the main quest and it is important for wizards to get to Celestia. We have been waiting for days to continue and we are wasting our time. We are paying for time to continue in the game and we can't. I hope they fix it today because this is bad.

Wizard101 please let me collect that crystal! This is ridiculous.

Administrator
We (hopefully) addressed this in the May 14th 3am update - please try again and do let us know!

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We (hopefully) addressed this in the May 14th 3am update - please try again and do let us know!

I posted a reply on another thread about this problem.

I did just go back and did the "Pick up the spare" quest, and it worked okay. No problems.

Thank you for fixing it so quickly.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

The Lose the Key quest still does not work. I just went in and it through me back out after the third level was complete. Can we PLEASE get this fixed since it's been over a week now? :(

thanks.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Is this going to be addressed? I have had no response from "support" at all. It has been 10 days since this was posted, and the maintenance, which only fixed one part of the problem. Come on, KI, let us actually play the game.

Administrator
RavenKady777, are you hiding the key where the Quest Helper tells you to hide the key before you leave the area?

You must hide the key in a safe corner (use the Quest Helper to determine which one) and it may take a bit of maneuvering in the corner to reach just the right spot, but you must hide that key before you leave the third floor.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RavenKady777, are you hiding the key where the Quest Helper tells you to hide the key before you leave the area?

You must hide the key in a safe corner (use the Quest Helper to determine which one) and it may take a bit of maneuvering in the corner to reach just the right spot, but you must hide that key before you leave the third floor.

OH! I completely missed that step.

I'm going off to try it now.
Thank you, Professor!

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
Lose the key- one time I had lost my membership with this quest so I went into the hedge maze were Lady Oriol was to chase the pixies. Then I got lost in the maze on purpose and hit a dead end. Then it said, "You hide the key in the room". I was like, YES BONUS!!!

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
fGYU2tKDtH wrote:
Lose the key- one time I had lost my membership with this quest so I went into the hedge maze were Lady Oriol was to chase the pixies. Then I got lost in the maze on purpose and hit a dead end. Then it said, "You hide the key in the room". I was like, YES BONUS!!!

shhh there bonuses like that all through the spiral lol