Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Orin Grimcaster - access to area

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I have been given the quest to defeat Orin Grimcaster. However the yellow distance arrow does not appear. Looking at the map i need to head to another area of the cruible... however that way is blocked by the a red roof.

I have no other quest that i know of that allows me to clear away the red roof.
:-(

Any suggestions?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I hope this helps. Go to the red roof and take the red stairs up. Turn right and continue up the 3 gray/blue stairs through a broken tan doorway, continue down a wooden plank and continue to travel through the maze. You will work your way to the other part of the cruible.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
DizzyTHOR wrote:
I have been given the quest to defeat Orin Grimcaster. However the yellow distance arrow does not appear. Looking at the map i need to head to another area of the cruible... however that way is blocked by the a red roof.

I have no other quest that i know of that allows me to clear away the red roof.
:-(

Any suggestions?

If you leave Zanetta behind you, stay to the left when you leave her area. There are two sets of steps that lead to some temple ruins.

You have to turn a few times in those ruins, but it eventually leads you to another area where you stay to your left again, and you will reach Orin.

Sounds confusing... but there is no "clear path" to follow. I'm surprised that your yellow quest arrow isn't leading the way for you.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Community Leader
As you leave Zanetta look to the left. Go up those stairs and around the fallen ruins as if you are going through he broken debris. Now once you are in the next area follow the road around on left side you will come to Orin's tower.
Here is a map I found for you.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39079&postcount=3

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
~1! If there is no quest helper, click on the quest in your spellbook. If nothing happens, follow step two. If it says: Quest helper is not allowed for this quest, follow the other peoples' directions.

~2! This means Quest Helper is disabled. Press CTRL and T at the same time to turn Quest Helper back on.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
my quest helper is not working either for this one and why cant you have anyone help you with the fight? HELP

Any Suggestions?

Destiny MoonDreamer LIFE 1 st Level 53/ 2nd DEATH

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
I am having the same problem no yellow quest arrow and why can't anyone help you fight this guy Please Help!

Destiny MoonDreamer Level 53 Life/Desth

Champion
May 03, 2011
I just did this last night--there is no arrow, for some reason. I'm not sure, but maybe it's related the the Crystal Storage problem (see threads above), where the arrow sends you on a wild goose chase. Anyway, you have to use the map for Orin G., and sort of scoot through some fallen debris. If you use the map it's not too hard, but a little frustrating.