Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Orin Grimcaster

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I see where Grimcaster drops the death deck. I have farmed him now for 6 hours using two wizards on two accounts. No deck drop. I started after Lunch at 1:00 in afternoon and now it is 7 this afternoon. I have gone in relatively fast and got the fight over because my wizards are strong. One wizard can kill most of the opponents before they have time to hit. I get to Orin pretty fast and know I have gotten in to him many times. It is Odd there is not a deck drop. Especially with two accounts.
I know atleast all items should drop within a time limit, dont you think 6 hours is long enough? Plus I didnt stop it was continous play.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's random. If the chance of the deck dropping is 1 in 25, a reasonable estimate, then you can get 3 in 10 battles or none in 100 battles.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
I see where Grimcaster drops the death deck. I have farmed him now for 6 hours using two wizards on two accounts. No deck drop. I started after Lunch at 1:00 in afternoon and now it is 7 this afternoon. I have gone in relatively fast and got the fight over because my wizards are strong. One wizard can kill most of the opponents before they have time to hit. I get to Orin pretty fast and know I have gotten in to him many times. It is Odd there is not a deck drop. Especially with two accounts.
I know atleast all items should drop within a time limit, dont you think 6 hours is long enough? Plus I didnt stop it was continous play.

Did you know there is another boss that drops the same things as Grimcaster? His name is Bael Emberlight and he can be found in the Crystal Grove. He is much easier to farm because he is not in a tower.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life